Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month old terror!

• 29-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Over the last week or so our 6 month old baby girl has become impossible. Where before she would lie on her mat playing with her toys for up to an hour she now just lies there grunting and then screaming. When i pick her up she will stop. I have tried to ignore her but the screaming is unbelievable! It is the same at bedtime, she will not take her bottle and it took me 2 hours to get her to sleep last night, even though she was rubbing her eyes with tiredness. Anyone else going through this? Anytips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

is she getting enough sleep during the day? 3 naps? maybe shes over tired, what is she like in a bouncer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

She does same during the day for her naps, wat do you mean about the bouncer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Has she got a vibrating seat? Or a bouncy chair?

At six months they start getting more active and want to explore more but they can't, they can also start being a lot more clingy to the parents. Just put her down and let her play and go to her every few minutes to let her know you're still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

It sounds like she might need a little more stimulation. When babies reach that age they start to become more aware of their surroundings & can be frustrated at their limited mobility, not being able to explore.

I got a present of a 'Jumperoo' when my little girl was this age & it was the best thing every for keeping her entertained!
    Its similar to a door bouncer, but in a frame (sorry I'm crap at describing things :o)

Sorry crossed posts, just realised Adrieanne posted the same as me. Great minds ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Jumperoo's are the best thing ever! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Jumperoo's are the best thing ever! :D
    Jip whatever it takes, they grow up so quickly and need tons of stimulation. After 3 kids I find before they can walk the more visual stumilation the better. They are desperate to get going so lash them into the buggy and head off, even if they fall asleep on the way they always slept well for me at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Thanks folks, i thought myself that about her being bored, she has a bouncer but i might look into the jumperoo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP, my 8 month old fella has been like your madam for a couple of weeks now. He's got seriously clingy. Perfectly happy sitting on the floor playing with stuff - the minute you move out of sight - wails.

Also, you can tell a lot of it is frustration at not being able to follow us or his sister about - or get things out of reach.

Have been trying to get him crawling though it'll all be in his own time of course. It's all just a phase. A really loud, annoying phase, but a phase nonetheless!

(On a side - it's serving my purpose of putting the missis off having number three... :D)

Advertisement