Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Games...what to do?

• 29-12-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys i've a load of old games from various gaming systems...2600, Sega master System, PS1, and PS2. Have a PS3 at the moment which plays all my old PS games but i never play them. Dunno should i sell them or keep hold of them. Anyone else have this dilemma?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Give them to me? ;)

Sure stick up a list and let us see what you have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Atari 2600
    Double Dragon
    Combat
    Centipede
    Air Sea Battle
    Yars Revenge
    Freeway
    Maze Craze
    Soccer
    Space Invaders

Sega Master System
    Super Kick Off Soccer
    PGA Tour Golf
    Bart Simpson vs The Space Mutants
    Asterix

PS1
    Driver
    WWF Warzone
    Resi 2
    Fifa 99
    WWF Attitude
    Gran Turismo 2
    Smash court tennis
    Destruction Derby 2
    Grand Theft Auto
    F1 98
    LMA Manager 2001
    Silent Hill
    Micro Machine V3
    Fifa 2000
    WWF Smackdown
    Le Mans 24 hour
    Driver 2
    Smackdown 2
    Fifa road to world cup 98

PS2
    GTA Vice City
    The Sims
    Fifa 02/01/03/04
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    ICO
    GTA 3
    Tiger Woods 05/03
    LMA 06/04
    Pro Evo 4/6
    Ridge Raver 5
    WWF Smackdown
    Silent Hill 2
    Colin Mccrae 04
    GTA San Andreas
    GT 4

Now i dunno whether to keep them all or sell them. All PS1 and PS2 games are complete in boxes with manuals. The Atari ones are cartridge only. The Master system has Bart and PGA with manuals and boxes. Asterex and Super Kick off are cartridge only. Thought i had more games but must have loaned them out years ago and never got them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd definitely be interested in ico if you're selling.

If you can see yourself playing them in the next year or so keep them. If not sell them on I think. It's totally up to you though at the end of the day.

I'd definitely be interested in ico if you're selling.

If you can see yourself playing them in the next year or so keep them. If not sell them on I think. It's totally up to you though at the end of the day.

Haven't a clue whether i'd play them again to be honest :eek: Wheres the best place to find out what there worth or if someone wants to give estmates on what there worth then feel free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Look up prices on eBay. Go by finished auctions rather than buy it now prices to get a good idea of what they're selling for

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think you would regret selling them down the road to be honest, if i needed money i would sell them off, personally id hang on to them. In my case ive only recently got into buying older games and its an expensive hobby! They will only increase in price in time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you are going to sell them, do it on www.adverts.ie will you?
    Thats the only appropriate place for cash deals, that is the selling of the games.
    If you are intending to trade them for something else, then head for the trading thread here and use that.
    Ok?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you are going to sell them, do it on www.adverts.ie will you?
    Thats the only appropriate place for cash deals, that is the selling of the games.
    If you are intending to trade them for something else, then head for the trading thread here and use that.
    Ok?

OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

One thing I regret is getting rid of my old games. They just released the original NES Mario 1, 2 and 3 for the Wii and I was first in line. I bought it the same time as Black ops for my 360 and I didn't know which one to play first. You have to think of what you'll get. Even stores like Xtra vision and Gamestop only give you pittance for new games. The only way you'll be able to make a few quid on your old games is if you sell them in bulk and you might find it difficult to find someone who'll want more than one or two at a time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Everytime I sold a really good game, I seemed to buy it again, 6 months later.
    In the case of current gen, thats fine, you get better trade ins on newer stuff, then buy it back a 20 quid later.
    But for retro games it's the opposite, flog that copy of Rez for the PS2 now, in a year or two, when you suddenly realise that you must have it back, it's cost twice as much as you paid the first time you bought it.
    I learned this the hard way, by having to buy my PSone collection about 3 times over the years!

• Advertisement
Advertisement