Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Games Illegally?

• 29-12-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if its possible to download games peer-to-peer and burn them out on dvd to play on the console just thought of this today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not on your console without doing something to it. I don't know what it is you need to do to it but copied games won't play online and your console and gamertag will get banned from Xbox Live and possibly bricked. It's also very illegal and no-one here is going to help you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Big no-no buddy

IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Right thats what I thought but just wondered as I never heard of anybody doing such a thing.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

you can get them chipped or flash the drive. then your friendly local market trader may have games for €10
    i know loads of people who have it done and they play away on xbox live
    the pirate is always one step ahead of the evil corporations :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes its possible. Don't expect to use Xbox live with it though (sooner or later, you will be caught out)

I always end up buying all the games I want anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Yes its possible. Don't expect to use Xbox live with it though (sooner or later, you will be caught out)

I always end up buying all the games I want anyways.

Xbox live is a farce anyway not only do you have to subscribe to play online but download demo's also its not a very good way to promote games imo, seems to me its the microsoft mentality trying to be bigger than everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Threads on piracy is a charter no no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement