Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Passing over Ireland tonight - what time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Very Impressive!

That it for the night?
    That site posted is overloaded i couldn't check

There are 2 more passes tonight, first one is a visible one, but it enters the earths shadow way out to the west of ireland and would probably only be barely visible if you were on the west coast as its eclipsed low down. The one after it is eclipsed completely when within visual range.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bonzer79

Very Impressive!

That it for the night?
    That site posted is overloaded i couldn't check

I have been using this site very accurate if I may say so!

http://www.n2yo.com/passes/?s=25544

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bonzer79

Tried to take a few pics of tonights ISS crossing nothing great to show, but someone did mention meteors earlier and after looking at the pics and adjusting contrast and brightness this is what came up! :eek: :confused:
    [IMG][/img]ISS006.jpg
    Now I'm a newbie to this sort of stuff but if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

2 passes again tonight Wednesday 2 March.

First from 18:44 - 18:50 west to east almost overhead:)
    viewfinderz.gif

2nd pass 20:19 - 20:21 Rising in the west but entering the Earths shadow about 1 minute later lone before reaching overhead.
    viewfinder.gif

Clear skies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

ISS construction timeline animation - nice

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/graphics/iss_timeline/flash.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Beeker wrote: »
    First from 18:44 - 18:50 west to east almost overhead:)

Almost overhead I hear you say??
    I'm visiting friends in Bandon this evening and the ISS will be passing directly (and if www.n2yo.com is very accurate Exactly) over our heads. :D

150166.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Will the viewing at 18.46 tonight be visible or will it still be too bright?

EDIT: Yup it looks like it will be visible, I can see stars....and Jupiter!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Will the viewing at 18.46 tonight be visible or will it still be too bright?

Should be easily viewable,last nights first pass was earlier and was very bright in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

Bingo - just saw it!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Great sight once again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

saw it myself ,beautiful clear skies here on cork

Excellent viewing tonight, it looked amazing. I was tracking with the trusty old binos!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Saw it here too in Kilcock, great view tonight. Lucky with the weather this week, saw it 3 times this week!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

I'm in Wicklow, anyone be kind enough to tell me where and when to look?
    Can't see anything tonight or last night :(

20 second shutter (still trying to get the focus and exposure perfect on new camera, almost there)

iss-shuttle-20seconds.jpg

iss-shuttle-20seconds-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

1CF8E94966B240E7A10981B44EF7682F-0000322603-0002196000-00792L-0C9DAAF5BE194ECBB5EE5F8993AB1309.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Probably saw it for the longest time tonight without it going into the earths shadow. Brilliant as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Nice shots! Mine, for comparison.

Great view tonight.

74E8462FF2464335AC170460C1416DD7-0000334828-0002196021-00800L-8BEE5F14B1D84BE09D2FEBD46DC73332.jpg

smokie2008 wrote: »
    I'm in Wicklow, anyone be kind enough to tell me where and when to look?
    Can't see anything tonight or last night :(

Sir, I bid thee to get thyself to http://iss.astroviewer.net/ and thence select the observation tab. Inputtage of your positional location will spit out a series of times and information for the next few days ISS spotting! Enjoy!

Prenderb wrote: »
    Nice shots! Mine, for comparison.

Great view tonight.

What ISO setting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Sir, I bid thee to get thyself to http://iss.astroviewer.net/ and thence select the observation tab. Inputtage of your positional location will spit out a series of times and information for the next few days ISS spotting! Enjoy!
    Thanks a million for that its brilliant.
    missed it by 5 minutes though :o

Double post, sorry.

tricky D wrote: »
    What ISO setting?

Thanks a million for that its brilliant.
    missed it by 5 minutes though

You're welcome - there'll be another shorter view at about 2015 or so tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

tricky D wrote: »
    What ISO setting?

i used 200 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DubPsycho

Another great view of it tonight. I had my 5 year old and her friend out looking at it tonight. Both of them were in awe at it.

Once again Beeker thanks for the times my friend;)

Another great view of it tonight. I had my 5 year old and her friend out looking at it tonight. Both of them were in awe at it.

Once again Beeker thanks for the times my friend

Gather the family up at 20:20 for round two! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DubPsycho

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Gather the family up at 20:20 for round two! :)

Ill be out for it but the kids are in bed now. Will it be visable from dublin?

DubPsycho wrote: »
    Ill be out for it but the kids are in bed now. Will it be visable from dublin?

It sure will! It's only visible for 1 minute this time but should still be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Wow that was quick - was looking in the wrong place to begin with so I was lucky to catch it at all. The earlier one is really the best time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Brilliant site - thanks for posting. By the time I'd come in from watching it, checked the location, it was over France:eek:

Advertisement