Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darren Ferguson sacked by Preston

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hypothetical (and a bit odd) scenario.

You run a large company.

A smaller company hires your son.

You give said company the loan of some good young admin staff.

Smaller company then sacks your son.

Sure it's only fair that I let said company keep those staff till their up on their feet.

Me arse you do. You recall them immediately. Those people that are saying that it's spiteful are being, frankly, idiotic and a touch hypocritical.

LOL

Preston are bottom of the Championship - 5 wins, 13 losses and 4 draws. I love your analogy though. Fergie Jr. had to go, PNE are looking likely for the drop. Fergie Sr. recalling the loans is unprofessional and smacks of sour grapes tbh. If I were the Chairman (or whoever interviews and hires) of a Championship, League 1 or League 2 side I would be wary of hiring Fergie Jr. after that incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Useless manager who will only ever get a job because who he knows and who he can get on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lukker- wrote: »
    Useless manager who will only ever get a job because who he knows and who he can get on loan.

Two successive promotions.... Yeah, clearly useless. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

RasTa wrote: »
    Tony Pulis has withdrawn Tonge and Pugh from loan at Preston since the sacking, please draw your hatred towards him.

And he gets the pat on the back he was after. Alex Ferguson full of praise for Tony Pulis ahead of the Stoke game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9335895.stm

Pulis and Allardyce, the pair of them are just fergies lap dogs, they're an embarrassment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

tommyhaas wrote: »
    And he gets the pat on the back he was after. Alex Ferguson full of praise for Tony Pulis ahead of the Stoke game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9335895.stm

Pulis and Allardyce, the pair of them are just fergies lap dogs, they're an embarrassment

Indeed, given his budget Pulis does deserve some sort of praise although I'm not a fan of anything Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Never have been convinced of young Fergusons ability,always helps him get a job/get appreciated when he's his fathers son,bit like Nigel Clough

At least Nigel Clough has a tad more credibility as a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

orourkeda wrote: »
    10 years to take Burton up two divisions......its mediocre at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You know what, its actually pathetic what some people are doing in this thread

Hating Alex Ferguson (Greatest manager of all time) is now a valid excuse to bash his son and ignore any achievements he has had as a manager in his short career

truly sad and pathetic.

Blind hatred is a foolish thing

orourkeda wrote: »

So he deserves no credit for getting a team promoted two years in a row?

none whatsoever?

jesus christ, people used to have brains in this place, not everyone obviously, but enough to make the place bearable for posters who are capable of reasoned thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just on the loans things. Its not right and something should be done about it.

Against who?

Ferguson? Pulis? Both?

kryogen wrote: »
    Against who?

Ferguson? Pulis? Both?
    Both. There is no excuse for what they done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I heard Harry Redknapp recalled Kyle Walker, how come nothing is being said about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

eagle eye wrote: »

Ehhh there clearly is. They trusted the last manager in charge. Maybe they don't trust Unsworth. They have every right to do what they want with their players.

there is no excuse for recalling loaned players?

what do they bother putting recall clauses in the contracts for then?

its all legal and above board, just the usual pot shots at Fergie to be had i guess

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ehhh there clearly is. They trusted the last manager in charge. Maybe they don't trust Unsworth. They have every right to do what they want with their players.
    Oh please shut up.

Its clearly a personal reaction to his son getting sacked. Its got nothing to do with professionalism at all.

Its not on to mess with a club's future like that.

Oh please shut up.

Its clearly a personal reaction to his son getting sacked. Its got nothing to do with professionalism at all.

Its not on to mess with a club's future like that.

If your like this since he called players back from a team you probably don't even care about and you just want to make SAF look bad I'd hate to imagine what you would be like if he called Mame Biram Diouf back!

Messing with the clubs future? bit dramatic.......

Facts are, Pulis and Ferguson have done nothing wrong, neither has Redknapp so why should action be taken against anyone?

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    If your like this since he called players back from a team you probably don't even care about and you just want to make SAF look bad I'd hate to imagine what you would be like if he called Mame Biram Diouf back!
    Well seeing as he is pretty much a waste of space I wouldn't be too bothered by it.

He is doing a lot more than other players at yer club.

• Advertisement

Messing with the clubs future? bit dramatic.......

Facts are, Pulis and Ferguson have done nothing wrong, neither has Redknapp so why should action be taken against anyone?
    There is nothing dramatic about it. Between them they just took away five players who have been starting every game recently for Preston.

If you don't think thats seriously messing with the future of a club then you live in cloud cuckoo land.

And its all spiteful ****e, his son gets sacked and he orchestrates this.

He is doing a lot more than other players at yer club.
    I put a post in the United thread yesterday about him. Not one reply from anybody to it weirdly but suddenly you are all worried about him here. I have seen every game he has played for us. Go read that post and I'll talk to you in the United thread about it if you want.

seriously you get very dramatic dont you!

1 poster commented about Diouff and suddenly its everyone cares about him now! haha

hyperbole much?

Out of interest how is old Diouff doing in relation to top scorers at Blackburn?

seriously you get very dramatic dont you!

1 poster commented about Diouff and suddenly its everyone cares about him now! haha

hyperbole much?

Out of interest how is old Diouff doing in relation to top scorers at Blackburn?
    I put a post in the United thread yesterday about him. Not one reply from anybody to it weirdly but suddenly you are all worried about him here. I have seen every game he has played for us. Go read that post and I'll talk to you in the United thread about it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I put a post in the United thread yesterday about him. Not one reply from anybody to it.

Are you surprised?

Given the ludicrous claims you like to make, it certainly doesn't surprise me that people put absolutely no stock whatsoever in your opinion on certain topics.

@ eagle eye

great answer

ill take it you concede your pointless arguement then

and just FYI, in 19 games for ye he has 6 goals, 7 in 20 if you include the pre season friendly he played in, which actually makes him Blackburn Rovers top goalscorer this season, so I guess we would be putting the future of the club in danger if we were to recall him also, better hope Fergie doesnt read boards or he might call him back just to spite you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well seeing as he is pretty much a waste of space I wouldn't be too bothered by it.

I'm a fan of neither Blackburn nor Manchester United but he's hardly a waste of space. He's always looked very lively with quite a lot of potential when I've seen him play and I'd be astonished if you'd rather Benjani or Jason Roberts to him?

This thread is about Duncan Ferguson getting sacked and the fallout of that sacking. I have no inclination to continue discussing matters that don't pertain to that in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This thread is about Duncan Ferguson getting sacked and the fallout of that sacking. I have no inclination to continue discussing matters that don't pertain to that in this thread.

Duncan Ferguson :pac:

So, you're not willing to argue the merits for or against a player who you labelled a ''waste of space'' then? You must not have much basis to your opinion.

Why are you wanting to discuss Alex Ferguson and Tony Pulis so, ah lets take Pulis out of there, we all know you dont really care what he did eh

• Advertisement

Why are you wanting to discuss Alex Ferguson and Tony Pulis so, ah lets take Pulis out of there, we all know you dont really care what he did eh
    Yes I do. I think both men should be dragged over the coals for this.

Show me a post where I've been anti-United by the way seeing as you are suggesting I am.

Why arent you having a pop at Redknapp for calling his player back from loan?

Why arent you having a pop at Redknapp for calling his player back from loan?
    Because its rumoured at the moment that he is being sold to Aston Villa. His time was up there too, he had completed the loan period and was due to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I heard Harry Redknapp recalled Kyle Walker, how come nothing is being said about him.
    Walker's loan was only until the first of January he wasn't recalled and I think he will return to QPR unless the damage to Hutton's foot rules him out much longer than the next couple of games or he doesn't get an offer to play for a premier league club, I was also just wondering how his return to Spurs would affect Preston?

Edit just on the above he could be going on loan to villa I think it would be crazy to sell him he looks a very bright prospect.

I didn't mean it as if it would be directed as a cheap shot at Harry Redknapp or any spurs fans but I was just using it as an example at how people were directing comments towards SAF saying what he was doing is a disgrace, I was obviously wrong with the fact walkers loan finished in January as was King's but were still getting blasted with commnts saying it's a disgrace, all in all though Ferguson is not the first manager to recall a player and he will not be the last and he is operating completely within the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    I really wouldn't be surprised if Phil Brown took Preston on tbh.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Advertisement