Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something's wrong with me...

Options
  • 29-12-2010 7:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went to the range over the weekend, and for once, I didn't bring everything. The FAL and the two handguns were left in the house.

It's not that I don't like the FAL, or even that I prefer my other rifles to it. Or that I'm no fan of pistol shooting. Just something happened and I said to myself 'you know, just these three rifles are enough.'

I don't know what came over me. Have I gotten jaded? Have I reached the point where I just love some of my children more than others? I dread my next range trip, will I make the same decision again? If so, what will that tell me?!

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

yes there is something wrong with you, you're spoiled for choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have you gotten the urge to leave all the toys alone and get yourself a real gun yet?

141224.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sparks wrote: »
    Have you gotten the urge to leave all the toys alone and get yourself a real gun yet?

steyrlg110big.jpg

That ingenious!

I've been trying but damned if I can spot where the water cap is :p

MM, I reckon if you get to fire a tank gun, well, unless you transfer to the Navy nothing much else is going to compare :D

johngalway wrote: »
    Don't be daft john, it's a muzzleloader, you pour the water in the front end...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

johngalway wrote: »
    That ingenious!

MM, I reckon if you get to fire a tank gun, well, unless you transfer to the Navy nothing much else is going to compare :D
    You don't need water for Airsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gen2

demotivational-posters-hammer-time.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

maybe you have just surrendered to the old irish way of thinking ie doj gardai way (WHAT DO YOU WANT ALL THOSE YOLKS FOR,,SURELY THE ONE YOU HAVE WOULD BE ENOUGH) UNQUOTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

I'm the same way Manic, I've got 40 something rifles and 12 pistols, but keep coming back to my K31 and sig 229.
    I think I just got tired of cleaning 10 rifles and 5 handguns after each trip to the range

heres the baby:

4757906918_cc8c5c88b0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Sparks wrote: »

Sparks, what is that? Seriously. Sorry if im hijacking thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

sikastag wrote: »
    Sparks, what is that? Seriously. Sorry if im hijacking thread.

It's a Steyr air rifle. I believe Sparks has a thing for them.

• Advertisement

It's a Steyr air rifle. I believe Sparks has a thing for them.

Yeah, had an idea it was an air rifle, just wondering what model it was. Is it some sort of uber-brilliant elite air rifle or is it just a fetish of Sparks?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Yeah, had an idea it was an air rifle, just wondering what model it was. Is it some sort of uber-brilliant elite air rifle or is it just a fetish of Sparks?? :D

Deffo Fetish

Same craic with the Dominatrix jackets :D
    rg.jpg

Steyr LG110 Match! I think. Go easy there tack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Deffo Fetish

Same craic with the Dominatrix jackets :D
    rg.jpg

Tac, big security mistake there, whatever about lads recognizing you from your 4x4, you won't be hard to spot around town with that on ya!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

harmoniums wrote: »
    I'm the same way Manic, I've got 40 something rifles and 12 pistols, but keep coming back to my K31 and sig 229.
    I think I just got tired of cleaning 10 rifles and 5 handguns after each trip to the range.

Well you can't be blamed for always going with the Sig, in fairness they are a lovely gun!

As much as I would like to own all those guns aswell the cleaning would put me off too, what you need is some kind of giant ultrasonic washing machine that you can just throw them all into!

Is it some sort of uber-brilliant elite air rifle
    Yes. Only rifle I've ever fired which had no discernable recoil of any kind. Utterly, totally dead. If it didn't make a noise, you wouldn't know it had fired at all. Every other rifle (air or otherwise) I've tried kicks when you squeeze, but the Steyr engineers managed to get their compensator design so well tuned that the LG110 just doesn't move at all. Doesn't sound like much until you try it and then it's unbelievably creepily cool, when you squeeze the trigger and a hole magically appears in the middle of the target ten metres away. Action at a distance :D

Advertisement