Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crappy reception on new telly

• 29-12-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi everyone dont know if this is posted in the wrong section but santa brought the young lad a new 19inch HDMI plasma tv for his bedroom but the reception i am getting on it with the rabbits ears are terrible its that bad the telly is unwatchable but with his old telly the picture is perfect with the same rabbits ears in the very same place i have went through tuning the new tv in 5 or 6 times but with no improvement could there be something wrong with the new telly or have the new tellys got crappy tuners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

i wouldnt say they have crap tuners
    they just wont pick up weak signals though
    have you tried manual tuning with the frequency numbers(someone may post them for you)
    are you searching for analog signal and not digital

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sometimes you have to select the country while scanning, as well as whether it's digital or analogue or over the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i am trying to tune in the standard irish tv analog channels i have tried manual tuning but the best picture i can get is all snowey and totally rubbish picture

i got a load of one of the amplified indoor ariels and the picture is still crappy

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

have you tried taking it down to the main aerial and trying it there?? if you can get it tuned in from that aerial, you might be able to take it up to the other aerial and you know its tuned in properly....... HTH

• Advertisement

if you have an old vcr around with a built in tuner you could use this to possibly get a better tv signal

meercat wrote: »
    if you have an old vcr around with a built in tuner you could use this to possibly get a better tv signal

thanks for the advise but why should i have to do that with a brand new telly to get reception

did fine tune help

meercat wrote: »
    did fine tune help

no fine tuning did not help i was very surprised when the amplified indoor ariel did not work so my next train of thought is bringing it back and get a different model of tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

smokin ace wrote: »
    no fine tuning did not help i was very surprised when the amplified indoor ariel did not work so my next train of thought is bringing it back and get a different model of tv

What make/model TV did you buy? It`s possible that it could have a dvb-t digital tuner and you could view the free digital channels from RTE (saorview/DTT).... instead of the old analogue channels.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement