Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves 29/12/2010 Sky Sports1 and HD1

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh **** off, last year it was the managers fault; now it's the players. Cool story bro.

Last year it was the players's fault and now this year it is the manager's. Haters gonna hate yeah? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Rumours going around that Hodgson had a go at the Liverpool supporters on the Kop after the game. Source is John Aldridge on Liverpool fan site.
    If true he won't last the day out tomorrow in the job hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mister men wrote: »
    Rumours going around that Hodgson had a go at the Liverpool supporters on the Kop after the game. Source is John Aldridge on Liverpool fan site.
    If true he won't last the day out tomorrow in the job hopefully.

Not a rumour. He did similar to a section of the fans to what Carragher did earlier in the season. Had a right moan at the crowd, questioning their loyalty to the club and the crowd then started chanting Hodgson for England at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Last year it was the players's fault and now this year it is the manager's. Haters gonna hate yeah? :rolleyes:

Do you think it's good enough that Liverpool FC finish 2010 in the bottom half of the table?? Cos no matter who manages us to that position, be it Roy, Rafa or the ghost of John Lennon, it's time to head off!!

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not a rumour. He did similar to a section of the fans to what Carragher did earlier in the season. Had a right moan at the crowd, questioning their loyalty to the club and the crowd then started chanting Hodgson for England at him.

What an utter clown. The guy is so out of his depth it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

What an utter clown. The guy is so out of his depth it's unreal.

It;s not his fault. If you were offered the Liverpool job you would take it so give the guy a chance. It's not his fault he has been left with the likes of David Ngog.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Do you think it's good enough that Liverpool FC finish 2010 in the bottom half of the table?? Cos no matter who manages us to that position, be it Roy, Rafa or the ghost of John Lennon, it's time to head off!!

The season's not over yet. I think that the man should be given time and apparently so do ex-players like Barnes and Hansen. Hopefully the owners of the club are a little more patient than some on this forum who have had it in for the guy since he took the job and have been urging him to get the bullet after every bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The season's not over yet. I think that the man should be given time and apparently so do ex-players like Barnes and Hansen. Hopefully the owners of the club are a little more patient than some on this forum who have had it in for the guy since he took the job and have been urging him to get the bullet after every bad result.

It's very easy for you to say when you have nothing riding on Liverpool results or no attachment to them whatsoever.

Likelihood is, if Roy isn't replaced soon, most of our best players will want to leave, he'll be pushing to sign Carlton Cole and Danny Murphy.

Why settle for that, when there are dozens (well, maybe A dozen) of talented managers around Europe who would love to manage one of the most famous clubs in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

shotamoose wrote: »
    Nothing about his actual performance as manager then. I take back what I said about you coming to the right conclusion.

Good lad.

• Advertisement

It's very easy for you to say when you have nothing riding on Liverpool results or no attachment to them whatsoever.

Likelihood is, if Roy isn't replaced soon, most of our best players will want to leave, he'll be pushing to sign Carlton Cole and Danny Murphy.

Why settle for that, when there are dozens (well, maybe A dozen) of talented managers around Europe who would love to manage one of the most famous clubs in the world.

I accept I have no attachment to Liverpool's results but surely Barnes and Hansen have and they are singing off the same hymn sheet as I am. What's the assessment of their comments then? Imo many fans nowadays have this notion that a manager getting the bullet offers a magic pill solution to an underperforming team, but I'm not of the belief that Liverpool under Dalglish with that team of players would do any better than they are doing under Hodgson. The players just aren't doing enough, and frankly if it takes Hodgson getting fired for them to start performing then they don't deserve to play at all, and will just prove a headache for any future manager if they have that attitude. The players deserve the bollocking not Hodgson. Rome wasn't built in a day and Anfield won't be repaired in one either.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    It;s not his fault. If you were offered the Liverpool job you would take it so give the guy a chance. It's not his fault he has been left with the likes of David Ngog.

He was also left with Gerrard,Torres,Reina,Agger,Masherano,Johnson,Kuyt and besides failing to hold onto Masherano has turned them into relegation fighters. Well done huh.

My Dad just texted me on the way home from the game said it's the worst he's seen in 40 odd years of going to Anfield. Few fans had a go at Gerrard when players where leaving the pitch also. Said plenty in the crowd have just had enough of Hodgson's negative uninspiring sh1te and just want him gone.

I accept I have no attachment to Liverpool's results but surely Barnes and Hansen have and they are singing off the same hymn sheet as I am. What's the assessment of their comments then? Imo many fans nowadays have this notion that a manager getting the bullet offers a magic pill solution to an underperforming team, but I'm not of the belief that Liverpool under Dalglish with that team of players would do any better than they are doing under Hodgson. The players just aren't doing enough, and frankly if it takes Hodgson getting fired for them to start performing then they don't deserve to play at all, and will just prove a headache for any future manager if they have that attitude. The players deserve the bollocking not Hodgson. Rome wasn't built in a day and Anfield won't be repaired in one either.

Do tactics not mean anything? Because to me, ours stink.

I don't want Dalglish. I want Coyle. If not him i want Vilas Boas, Klopp, Low, Di Matteo, Deschamps, Rijkaard, Martinez . . .

It's about a long-term vision. But we need to start it now if possible. Let this season be rebuilding, and next season have a settled manager in place who is already well on the way

Few fans had a go at Gerrard

That's a little harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I didn't see the match tonight, but have to say I am so so pleased for Wolves. Whatever about the Liverpool performance but Wolves definitely deserved a win like this. As someone said they have been playing well above their league position for the whole season but haven't had any results to show for it. We really need this win to boost confidence. Hopefully we can go on now and play the same way we have been all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ngogs a 20 year old kid who cost peanuts, 8 of the team that played a part in beating real madrid 4-0 at anfield 21 months ago played a part tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ngogs a 20 year old kid who cost peanuts, 8 of the team that played a part in beating real madrid 4-0 at anfield 21 months ago played a part tonight

But you were missing the 2 key players, Alonso and Mascherano. that was the core of the team and Rafa let Alonso go. Mascherano alongside Lucas was utterly useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Paully D wrote: »
    The ''support'' from the Liverpool fans is absolutely disgusting.

This is the truth. Best supporters in the world me hole. The way Hodgson and the players have been treated - regardless of results - is nothing short of pathetic, something you'd only expect from Newcastle supporters.

Paully D wrote: »
    mike65 wrote:
    SKY absolving RH of all blame....

Just like Liverpool fans did with Rafa Benitez.

Great post!

The string-em-up brigade are out I see with regards Hodgson. Never the players's fault is it?

Yup, well said. New depths plumbed by the usual crew on here. Mike65 surprisingly with a spectacular display of lack of class.

• Advertisement

But you were missing the 2 key players, Alonso and Mascherano. that was the core of the team and Rafa let Alonso go. Mascherano alongside Lucas was utterly useless.

masch played alongside lucas 3 days later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gerrard /= a cm
    ngog = crap (no im sorry liverpool true believers but hes fukin crap. he "makes space" in the worst places and essentially makes torres useless. also - hes crap. no. im not wrong. you are going to have to swallow that hes crap eventually and no over the top emotional posts are going to change his crapness. please accept that hes crap and move on)
    attention span on pool players = "what was that noise" from metal gear solid. for those unfamiliar i will use the word crap again.
    ability to control the pace of the game = lol
    hmmmm what else is wrong. i dunno. many things. x in the city's team are above us. do you need more of a reasoning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

rarnes1 wrote: »
    New manager for the new year?

I hear Houlier should be available soon:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

if pool had been there till next xmas they wouldnt have scored against wolves , they were a disgrace. Wolves:eek:

BERBA wrote: »
    if pool had been there till next xmas they wouldnt have scored against wolves , they were a disgrace. Wolves:eek:

imagine losing at home to wolves

rossie1977 wrote: »
    imagine losing at home to wolves

:confused::confused:

remind me how we got on against wolves at home this season? , :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:confused::confused:

remind me how we got on against wolves at home this season? , :rolleyes::rolleyes:

remind me how you got on last season?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I already know what Berba will say and it's
    Champions League, how about you guys?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Champions league, How about you guys?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Advertisement