Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 45D Error 01??

• 29-12-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a Canon 45D and I am using a Tamron Telephoto 70-300 lens and when I go to take a photo and zoom in on it...this occurs:

"An error 01 appears and it says Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts."

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? I am going on holiday next Monday and I was hoping to take my camera with me!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have you tried cleaning the contacts between lens and camera?

Other than that, it may be a body issue, or a lens issue. If the body works fine with other lenses, then it's likely to be the lens that is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 apsley

I have a 5D and I had error 1 too, I cleaned the contacts etc, updated firmware but no change. I contacted the store in London where I bought it and they recommended I go direct and get it looked at. As its out of warranty I would pay anyhow. I got it back within a week with new shutter, iris too and the issue fixed. Contact Fixation in London, you can courier over your camera and they give you an estimate before they do any work. Its all perfect, cleaned and back in action.

These guys are great they know all the issues and are the experts ..

Advertisement