Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have water?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

The extreme weather has created a huge number of burst pipes - this is only to be expected when we have 7-10 days of freezing temperatures. But why are NI Water not prepared?

My water has been turned off today without notice and I have no idea when it will be re-established. I can understand that NI Water needs to rotate the water supply around various areas but why not let us know when it is happening so that we can prepare? I've been out all day and heard on the radio that water is being rotated but as I wasn't at home I couldn't stockpile a couple of containers for the outage. Also, as I have gas heating, I no longer have a storage tank for water in my attic .

NI Water keep referring people to information on their website but this is woefully inadequate. I've tried the helpline number on quite a number of ocassions but couldn't get through .

If anyone has any helpful information about the water situation in Belfast can you please post it on this thread?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement