Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year Resolutions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Never one for the new years resolutions, but this year i'm going to make them stick

*Eat more and gain about a stone

*Start reading books that I would'nt usually read

*Work my ass off in my new job

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ava Adored

- Eat less

- Go to the gym more often

- Learn to play guitar (one day, one day!)

- Get a tattoo/piercing

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Manage my money, have worked out detailed income/expenditure
    Save (see above!)
    Bake
    Read with two youngest children
    Relax more
    Volunteer

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Keep up the weight loss I started last year
    Finish my thesis
    Take a tough line with a few pals of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I was very good at keeping the resolutions I made last year.

This year I aim to.

(1) Continue to eat as well as I can for my body and health (down over 4 stone since june 2009)

(2) Read as many books as I can

(3) To only spend time with people I want to and to keep away from toxic people

(4) To join the gym for 3 months until the morning are bright to go walking early

(5) To keep up to date wiith all my paperwork.

(6) to try lots of new experiences (legal)

(7) To take some time out for myself each week.

(8) To save more and not buy magazines

(9) To stay positive and believe.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I honest in saying this I am going to stop going after men who have girlfriends!

I am going to more proactive, finally get off my ass and do something

Stop being a walk over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Eat better, which I can't wait to start after the Christmas eating madness-feel so unhealthy at the moment. Want to lose a bit of weight too. (All that said there's no food in my house at the moment, meaning breakfast AND lunch tomorrow will be based on white bread. Oh dear.)

Work hard at my job, enjoy it a bit more and be as good as I possibly can at it. At the moment I'm working around a variety of locations, my aim is that by this time next year I'll have worked up into a position where I'll be in one permanent location.

If I do manage the above at any point during the year, it'll mean I'll get a bit of a routine going again, so I want to join some kind of evening class. Photography maybe, or dressmaking.

Make more of an effort to keep in touch with friends of mine that are living in different countries/counties, cos I miss them! Must also fix my skype to help with this.

Try to keep my car clean. I know that sounds weird but it's always such a mess, I never care and then someone asks me for a lift and I'm mortified! It's so disgusting at the moment after our NYE roadtrip!

Try to do all the ironing of my work clothes once a week in an organised fashion, instead of running round the house in the morning muttering obscenities about being late and ironing toast crumbs into my skirt cos I spent an extra 10 mins in bed. christ, I hate ironing.

Read more books and less AH threads :) In fact I reckon I need to limit my internet usage in 2011, I'm in such a bad habit of spending all evening with my laptop on my knee!

Start running again.

And finally be nicer to the OH-I was a really down and grumpy there for a while after changing jobs and the poor fella had to put up with a whole lot of whinging. Which he did, always cheered me up and made me tea because he's fantastic. Want to have loads of fun with him in 2011 and do as many nice things for him as I can, cos he deserves it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

My new years resolution is to learn to drive. I also want to take up kayaking. Hopefully will do a course during the summer (once college exams are over) and finally, not sweat the small stuff so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

-Tone up

-Smile more

-Check out the library!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 kanedaly60

Cut out white bread and crappy cereal bars.
    Get back into the gym, 3+ times a week.
    Cut down on the smokes.
    Stop relying on other people to take me places, be more independent.
    Get over the eating issues that have plauged my life for 8 years now. Learn to like myself.
    Write stories again.
    Stop over-thinking every tiny detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Another one for me is to cook more from scratch. In batches so I can plan ahead and never have to resort to convenience food. Unless, you know, I *really* feel like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Mine are:
    • Cook more and eat less
    • Get over or lessen my fear of flying - I'm a 10hr flight from home so need this to work!
    • See something new once a month
    • Try not to let the inevitable get me down. Be positive, if not for me then for my family
    • Figure out what I'd like to do with my life. I want a career not a job!

If someone remembers, can we pull this thread up in May/June and see how everyone is getting on? Could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dennis2011

I want to play over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

2011 - The year of the new :)

See Prague

Drive

Spend time by myself without feeling the need to pick up a phone or hop on the internetz so I don't feel like I'm by myself.

If I clash with someone, explain my point in a calm manner rather than running straight into a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

-Pass my exams (fingers crossed)

-Get more fit/active

-Listen to my instincts more often, they're rarely wrong..

-Pay off credit card asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Firstly I have to cut back on partying and drinking. It's not good for me and I think I'm a bad influence on my little sister, I should be a better role model and not be getting plastered, flirting with everyone, getting weed /having drinks bought for me then eating junk food at 3am. Then waking up with a killer hangover at 2pm the next day and my whole weekend is wasted.. I used to have great control of my drinking but lately it's hitting me all at one, late in the night and I've been in a few dodgy siuations as of late. This needs to stop.

This kind of ties in... I resolve to feel good about myself. I feel like I need random men telling me how hot I am in clubs or in online profiles. I need to stop needng validation from men. It's soulless and hollow. Especially because I have a wonderful caring boyfriend. It's not fair to him for me to go out and get pawed up by a random guy or to be camming with a stranger. Maybe a harmless little flirty kiss isn't so harmless after all. So that all has to stop. My self worth needs to be from me. The only person that should find me sexy is him. How important is it to feel pretty anyway? Not worth making yourself feel like crap.

I've been binging a little lately and getting sick after. I need to eat in a healthy way and stop this. If I do eat a treat or slip, just forget it. It's fine. I guess it's the denying myself that makes me want to have 2 or 3 chocolate bars then throw them up. I'm aware of it so if I stop now it won't develop into an eating disorder.

So they're depressing resolutions but I had an epiphany last night and needed to get it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Intended on starting Monday...but failed.
    Intended on starting Tuesday...but failed.
    Fingers crossed i'll get the motivation i require tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

Yeah, my drinking less this year started with a free litre of Jameson, half a bottle of Jack Daniels and a 2 day bender...

Now that that's out of my system (and I've run out of cash), resolutions are go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was out last night and one of me female mates pulled me aside and gave me a proper talking to regarding my shíttyness at effort making with the ladies. (I'm sure theres a much better way of wording that!)

So basically, 2011 is going to see papa with a renewed confidence, If I see someone I like, I'm going to find a way of sparking up a conversation. I'm good at doleing out the advice, but useless at actually practising what I preach!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

papagormo wrote: »
    I was out last night and one of me female mates pulled me aside and gave me a proper talking to regarding my shíttyness at effort making with the ladies. (I'm sure theres a much better way of wording that!)

So basically, 2011 is going to see papa with a renewed confidence, If I see someone I like, I'm going to find a way of sparking up a conversation. I'm good at doleing out the advice, but useless at actually practising what I preach!:)[/QUOTE

papa don't preach.... Sorry couldn't resist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh you saw what I did there!:pac:

Advertisement