Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No post in Headford this week?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I am new to Ireland, and also to Headford. I have been here three months. I realize that Monday was a bank holiday, and maybe even yesterday, but why has there been no post at all since December 24th? I am still waiting for packages. I went by the post office to see if I could pick up my mail and it was closed with no indication as to why. Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
    Sarah in Headford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Google provides the answer :D.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/Christmas/Key+Christmas+dates/Key+dates+for+Christmas.htm

Scroll down for opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

That is crazy to me! No mail for an entire week? Only in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

sarahfancy wrote: »
    That is crazy to me! No mail for an entire week? Only in Ireland...

They only closed for 3 days...

One more that in the UK...

Why not? The postie enjoys his/her break as much as anyone else.

Not three days...The last day of delivery was the 24th. They reopen on the 30th. That is six days. I know there is no delivery on Saturday, but it is crazy to me that there is no mail delivery for that many days in a row!

Now I know.

• Advertisement

Yes, I realize he needs a day off too. But with business the way it is, and the economy the way it is, I cannot imagine it would be good for companies that are still open this week that there is no post.

I am used to there being no post on public holidays and bank holidays, from both Germany and the US, but not on days in between. I guess if you are from here you think nothing of it, but even my landlady, who grew up here, did not know.

I am not from *here* - but I am living here now and it would make little sense for me to moan and groan about the ways *here*. Different countries, different customs. Simple as.

Yes, yes. I dare not moan...I do realize that I live here, and not elsewhere, thank you.

I was asking for information, and got it. I have lived outside of my home country for fifteen years. I assume this forum is also open to comments on the ways of Ireland and comparisons to other countries. We all know that the logic is sometimes different here, as it is in any country.

You are very welcome, any time :D.

Advertisement