Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe sending off?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

why havent the club appealed Defoes sending off,thought it was ayellow at most

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Support United but definetly not a sending off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just about everyone agrees it wasnt a sending off but for some season Harry has decided against appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Unless Defoe told him or the ref there was intent?

You'd have to assume there is some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

ziedth wrote: »
    Unless Defoe told him or the ref there was intent?

You'd have to assume there is some reason.

Harry keeping cosy with the FA for when Capello quits maybe? ;)

But seriously, it seems strange that the club havent appealed. 3 games without JD at the moment will be tough as VDV isn't able for 90 minutes currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Eager_Beaver

Have they actually said they arent appealing???:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I'd assume you can't appeal once you serve the fist game in the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Eager_Beaver

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya I'd assume you can't appeal once you serve the fist game in the ban.

Yeah good point. Feck it, he was just getting his sharpness back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Have they actually said they arent appealing???:(

I remember reading somewhere that they aren't, you have to appeal within a few days anyway so you can pretty much bet that they wont bother at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Not sure if it is true but I heard that if they appealed and the appeal was thrown out, he could have played against Villa but would have missed the Man Utd game instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The inconsistency of refs. JD leads with his arm and gets 3 games, Tim Cahill does it and the ref plays on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

And its not a got yellow card count - this is his first card (of any colour) this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

My faith in this forum is intact. I woke up wondering the same thing, had to log on, especially considering Pavs performance against today.

I am open to correction here, but did Harry not say post Villa game in his wide boy style, "Jizzle is only four foot, its not in his nature he just loves big tits".

Maybe Robbie will get a run out against Everton. Be nice for him to sign off with a hat-rick!!!

Advertisement