Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billy Connolly new DVD

• 29-12-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Got this for xmas as im one of Billy's biggest fans and have all his DVD's.

Have to say i was disappointed with the new DVD, The amount of his old material that was in it was a bit of a joke and half the DVD is full of all his old jokes.

Big let down imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooropa56

Yeah I know what you mean, I seen him back in 2001 in Belfast and I was dissapointed he used so many old jokes - once you hear a joke and know the punchline it loses most of it's power the second time around, I have no desire to see him again.

Didn't Eddie Izzard get in trouble a few years back for using old material from previously released DVDs on new tours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Yep thats true about Eddie Izzard.

I feel if they are going to release a DVD that it should be new material and not half of his old stuff. Lost a lot of respect for Billy with this DVD feel cheatd out of the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not really a TV thread. Moving to the Standup Comedy forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

His previous DVD was it something i said was pretty flat as well...time to retire gracefully Big Yin?

Advertisement