Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[PSP] formatted memo stick, now its Bricked

• 29-12-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

so dug out the old psp phat 1000, some sort of cfw on it, i dont remember which,
    probably what ever was around a year ago,

was about to stick on some cartoons for the young fella going on a plane trip tomo, i formatted the memo stick, now the psp wont boot, with or without the memo stick inserted,
    I have a pandora battery but sure its been in a cupboard for well over a year, to me it seems dead as a door nail ! have tried to charge, but powering psp with just ac, then inserting battery, but the light doesn't indicate any charging activity,

what are my options, looks like a good ol brick,

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

are you sure all the magic memory stick files are on the memory stick.
    If they aren't that would make the pandoras battery useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the memo stick was formatted, thats the problem, i know i erased the files, i wasnt thinking when i did it !! been so long since i picked up the psp, it didnt even cross my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gamplays4You

same kinda situation happend my buddy not so long ago and he replaced the batter bought one off ebay and still no sign of charging so he bought a charger and the old one he thought he screwed up completel by messing about with CFW worked fine again.
    i know it sounds stupid u but maybe the charger is knackered ?

sound, ordered a new pandora, might be able kick start it and recover then !

so pandora arrived today, still cant access service mode as i dont have the magic files on the memo stick
    any suss for getting the stuff onto the card, i only have a regular sd slot on my computer ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 scoobydootoo

iPwnage wrote: »
    so pandora arrived today, still cant access service mode as i dont have the magic files on the memo stick
    any suss for getting the stuff onto the card, i only have a regular sd slot on my computer ??

My SD card slot also takes MemoryStick, maybe yours does too?.

Cant remember whether you can use a usb to copy MMS files to MS through the psp, probably can.

Maybe buy a cheap card reader or borrow one, once it's softmodded I know you can copy files through the usb to the stick, its just the MMS files I cant remember, but erring on the side that they can be copied through the usb connection.

My SD card slot also takes MemoryStick, maybe yours does too?.
    no its a regular slot, it wont work, sony card is too thin and short
    Cant remember whether you can use a usb to copy MMS files to MS through the psp, probably can.
    ya i know that, but the psp is bricked !
    i cant get into the xmb :rolleyes:

ta

any ingenious solutions out there !

no its a regular slot, it wont work, sony card is too thin and short

ya i know that, but the psp is bricked !
    i cant get into the xmb :rolleyes:

ta

any ingenious solutions out there !

Ohh yes its bricked, says so on the label:o.

Beg,borrow,steal or buy a card reader.

microSD/MS adaptor.

msadapter.jpg

Was hoping for a mod trick, this is a mod forum, if I wanted to fork out 20 bucks on a reader, I know where to find Argos , run along now

And that's a micro sd adapter you posted, not even related to what i need !

Was hoping for a mod trick, this is a mod forum, if I wanted to fork out 20 bucks on a reader, I know where to find Argos , run along now

And that's a micro sd adapter you posted, not even related to what i need !

Yes was just trying to give you options, adaptors being an option seeing as your too stingy to spend €5 on ebay for a card reader.

No need for the attitude, "run along now", I have been modding playstations since the 90's, and only did a few psp 1003,2003.

This is indeed a modding forum, but you need a card reader, anybody slightly interested in modding should have a multi card reader to begin with.

If you can break the piggy bank open you can invest in one of these, bit pricey maybe but definately worth every (almost 300) cent.

£2.47
    Approximately EUR 2.87

http://cgi.ebay.ie/USB-SDHC-MicroSD-SD-M2-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-Card-Reader-/350434344325?pt=UK_Photography_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item519783bd85

!CDu)fKQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!l8Ez+2n8T-GBNPj(j4j0Q~~0_1.JPG

• Advertisement

Are you still here,
    I know where to buy readers, I'm looking for an alternative solution, it doesn't have to be the easiest option

Ciao !

I think I have one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

run along now
    seeing as your too stingy to spend €5 on ebay for a card reader.
    Are you still here

Guys can we drop the bickering please. We're mature folks are we not :) Need I remind you both that being civil to other posters isn't discretionary, it's a guideline.

Are you still here,
    I know where to buy readers, I'm looking for an alternative solution, it doesn't have to be the easiest option

Ciao !

I think I have one !

Yes still here unfortunately!

Do share your alternative solution, maybe somebody reading this is in the same situation and you can save them some time and effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yes still here unfortunately!

Do share your alternative solution, maybe somebody reading this is in the same situation and you can save them some time and effort.

iPwnage didn't say he had an alternative solution, he said he's looking for an alternative solution. Now, seeing as your new here (if your a re-reg then you should know better) let me remind you I've already posted on thread to stop the bickering. Another post to provoke an argument, will result in a banning. I hope that's clear enough.

Advertisement