Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you just walk into Mangans Cash & Carry or how does it work?

• 29-12-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Can you just walk into Mangans Cash & Carry or how does it work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If its like any I've been in you need an account number to show at the pay point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Can an average consumer go in an get an account number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nope, think you have to be VAT registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Aw... thanks anyway. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

AFAIK you have to have a VAT number to get an account number, but I'm sure they allow people get a once off purchase, I'd ring them to find out, their number is (065)6862200

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Some things like booze are now cheaper to buy in the larger supermarkets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have an account in there but I haven't been in there for ages, as RtdH says, booze is cheaper in the larger supermarkets, cigarettes are the same prize as anywhere. The only thing that is handier is getting "catering" size everything, so if you want a box of soup powder the size of a box of cornflakes go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pedroThePirate

You don't need a VAT number for Mangan's.

We registered with them on the basis of a letterheading and a
    reference from the bank.

They are more than happy to take money from anyone ! ! ! !

Chris

Edit: Same applies to Musgraves in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

theres a place in the quin road business park, they do wholesale to the public, forget the name,
    but you buy boxes of what ever you want, trade prices afaik

Advertisement