Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question never asked before?

• 29-12-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to change the speed a computer CD tray ejects? Is there a computer/BIOS setting that allows the tray to eject faster? Or does it depend on the manufacturer i.e. buy a new CD drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Absolutely no answer, you´re right, it has probably never been asked before.
    My contribution is just to ask you WHY in the name of tittysucking sweet jesus do you want to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Because it's a pain in the ho*le waiting for the stupid CD tray to eject when I've pressed the eject button almost 10 seconds earlier. I've used other computers where the thing ejects straight away but on my PC there's a delay? Is there a setting that could be changed or a screw that could be adjusted to make the CD tray eject faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Nolanger wrote: »
    Because it's a pain in the ho*le waiting for the stupid CD tray to eject when I've pressed the eject button almost 10 seconds earlier. I've used other computers where the thing ejects straight away but on my PC there's a delay? Is there a setting that could be changed or a screw that could be adjusted to make the CD tray eject faster?
    Ahhh you´re talking about the delay between pressing eject and the tray starting to eject.
    I thought you meant the actual speed of ejecting the tray lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Well you could try and see if there are any firmware updates for your CD drive from the manufacturer. I've updated a couple of my drives (for other reasons) and never had any issue.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Well it all depends really on the motor in the drive and the voltage driving it. I don't think there'll be any settings for this to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Do you notice any change in responsiveness by right clicking on the disk icon in Windows Explorer and selecting "Eject" and physically pressing the eject button on the drive?

There could be something running the background, like AV software, that's accessing the drive. How responsive is it when not running Windows?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Buy a faster drive, if you can find stats on how fast they eject that is.

Having a second drive means you can have one open all the time , halving change over time

depends on what the CD is and why you need to change it, many programs can be installed so they don't need the CD any more, music files can be copied across to your music program, info on DVD ripping is banned by the charter and anyway if you can't wait a second or two every few hours...

Advertisement