Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc iBusines - Do you need IT/Maths background?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I am thinking of doing this course next year. I have business studies background with ACCA qualification. Does this programme require IT/programming skills and/or Maths?
    Thanks for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This is who they say the course is designed for so it sounds like you would be in the final category.
    Business and IT graduates seeking a career managing the delivery of ICT-enabled innovation to business and other organisations
    ICT professionals seeking to move their competence area and skill-set along the ICT value chain, from production of software to delivery of business innovation through ICT.
    General business professionals who seek to increase their knowledge of how ICT can deliver business value and enable innovation, and acquire the skills to use ICT products and services to innovate in their own functional areas.

http://mis.ucd.ie/courses/iBusiness

I'm assuming you had already checked that page out though. Have you looked through the curriculum? http://www.smurfitschool.ie/mastersprogrammes/innovationthroughict/mscinibusiness-innovationthroughict/curriculum,36497,en.html

That might give you an idea if you are suited to it. They also give the contact details for the department too, which might be useful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mehmoodsha

Thanks for reply. Yes I did check that thread and course details on smurfit website. One my friend is doing Msc Analytics and he said there is lot maths and some java programming involved in that course. I am not good at complex math questions and same with programming.
    I am looking for someone who is already doing this course.
    Anyway thanks. I will contact smurfit staff to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 100

No programming whatsoever as its not a technical course. Also, no maths or maths related course. Though the studies are driven by research papers and not the text books, which could be a hard read for some.

Advertisement