Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ultimate house party, what do I need?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kiera wrote: »
    Lorraine:P

Larianne and myself will be playing this in our bikinis ;)

but but, what if they come off??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Larianne wrote: »

Just make sure you have your tan done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Larianne wrote: »

yes yes keep going.....

/shuffling noises & heavy breathing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I have a place booked for new years party right on a quiet beach on the pacific coast and almost all of the following things:
    It has a huge main room, big fireplace, sound system and big ass tv.

Booze, lots of it, and a mix of good quality and plonk. When everybody is a drunken mess, theres no point knocking into the Midleton 30 years...
    Whatever drugs will suit the party (pot, coke or mdma/x depending on the crowd)
    Again, I can´t stress this enough... you MUST have lots, if you run out it will be a disaster.
    Cigars, for the men.
    An alarm clock. Too many lame new years eve parties have been ruined by false starts and missed countdowns.
    Food. BBQ stuff, snacks, dips, steaks etc. Enough to get you through it. Sweets, chocolate, rolls, cheeses, wine, whatever is traditional.
    Food for the morning after. Nowhere will be open, so stock up.
    Crash space for your friends. Nobody will want to go home if your party was up to scratch.
    Cleaner booked for the next day. :)
    Somebody consigned to rasher and sausage and egg duty for the next day.
    Good tunes, and a great sound system.
    Enough room to have people dance.
    A place to smoke or outdoor aspect. Sh1t parties have no ventilation and everybody smokes inside while people eat. Gross.
    Good looking girls. Too many parties just suck terribly because there are 25 guys and 3 girls (likely 3 gfs of 3 of the guys...)
    If you have a pool, hot-tub or ocean nearby, use it.

I will add more if I think of them

edit: Keithm89 is SPOT ON.... Never throw ANY kind of party with only 1 bathroom....

OMG...sounds bloody class. Can i come???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Money to replace all the stuff that gets robbed/broken before your parents come back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

the number for the guy who knows how to remove the moustache some c*nt drew with permanent marker on the oil painting portrait of your wealthy grandfather..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

You'll think you'll have enough booze, but you won't. Trust me. I had 10 people (including 2 teetotallers) over 2 Saturdays ago, and I thought I was grand with the table heaving with drink - every last drop of it was gone by 3am bar 1 bottle of nasty white wine which I could've cleaned the loo with.

If everyone coming are mates or used to each others company, grand. If not, find a couple of easy talkers and let them loose for the first half an hour until everyones on their second drink, then it'll take off.

Someone, and you don't know who, is going to knock back the bones of a bottle of Bacardi and vom into your backyard. Have somewhere to fire them where they can sleep it off.

And invite the neighbours - they won't come, but they won't say a word to you about the noise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kiera wrote: »
    Lorraine:P

Larianne and myself will be playing this in our bikinis ;)

I've suddenly developed an interest in this thread and felt a strong 'urge' to post something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

bonerm wrote: »
    Don't forget Kid and Play.

Co-sign on this; provided you're referring to Kid 'n Play and not playing with a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Not sure what kind of a party you want, but I know many many filthy party games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I have a place booked for new years party right on a quiet beach on the pacific coast and almost all of the following things:
    It has a huge main room, big fireplace, sound system and big ass tv.

Booze, lots of it, and a mix of good quality and plonk. When everybody is a drunken mess, theres no point knocking into the Midleton 30 years...
    Whatever drugs will suit the party (pot, coke or mdma/x depending on the crowd)
    Again, I can´t stress this enough... you MUST have lots, if you run out it will be a disaster.
    Cigars, for the men.
    An alarm clock. Too many lame new years eve parties have been ruined by false starts and missed countdowns.
    Food. BBQ stuff, snacks, dips, steaks etc. Enough to get you through it. Sweets, chocolate, rolls, cheeses, wine, whatever is traditional.
    Food for the morning after. Nowhere will be open, so stock up.
    Crash space for your friends. Nobody will want to go home if your party was up to scratch.
    Cleaner booked for the next day. :)
    Somebody consigned to rasher and sausage and egg duty for the next day.
    Good tunes, and a great sound system.
    Enough room to have people dance.
    A place to smoke or outdoor aspect. Sh1t parties have no ventilation and everybody smokes inside while people eat. Gross.
    Good looking girls. Too many parties just suck terribly because there are 25 guys and 3 girls (likely 3 gfs of 3 of the guys...)

I will add more if I think of them

edit: Keithm89 is SPOT ON.... Never throw ANY kind of party with only 1 bathroom....

I have all this and more organised but i hadn't planned on using the pool, hot-tub or ocean nearby.
    Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Baaaaad idea, steer clear of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Not sure what kind of a party you want, but I know many many filthy party games :P

By all means, elaborate..

shrewdness wrote: »
    By all means, elaborate..

You're gonna need a duvet cover, some play-do, bananas, balloons, toilet paper, drawing paper, thumb-tacks, marshmallows, matchsticks, malteasers, spray cream, blindfolds...

I'll stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Tesla Coil ... every party needs one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Right.

Ive decided that after years of expensive clubs and empty pockets on new years eve that this year Im going to host the mother off all house parties. Apart from a copious amount of alcohol what would be the makings of the ultimate house party for you?

Gerry Ryan used to liven up all my house parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

A fat woman. every party has one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Guill wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan used to liven up all my house parties.

But he's dead now. Dead. Brown Bread. DEEEEEEAD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

A big bowl for everyone's keys as they arrive.

Just so they won't lose them like...

And plenty of lube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Plenty of tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Fago! wrote: »
    The ryan line lives on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Fago! wrote: »

You obviously havent seen Weekend at Bernie's....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You need tits and beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i hear larry murphy is always up for a dance,might be a good addition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Singstar, Wii dance game, Guitar Hero always does the trick at parties I've been to.

We're all children at heart!

Oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

You're gonna need a duvet cover, some play-do, bananas, balloons, toilet paper, drawing paper, thumb-tacks, marshmallows, matchsticks, malteasers, spray cream, blindfolds...

I'll stop now

That don't sound filthy at all,you have to do some explaining.even my filthy mind cant think of anything that filthy got to do with them items.

That don't sound filthy at all,you have to do some explaining.even my filthy mind cant think of anything that filthy got to do with them items.

Dougal Maguire doesn't have a filthy mind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

That just sounds like the stuff you need for a kiddies sleep-over...:)

Advertisement