Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiz show with Kathryn Thomas

• 29-12-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Just stumbled across this there yesterday, and considering the rubbish that comes out of RTE, its not the worst I have heard.I do know alot of the answers which is of course showing my age:o.I never thought I would hear myself saying that:eek:.

Who is Bunny Carr? puh!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was gona post about this as well Jimmy... but for the opposite reason.. I really think it would be better off if RTE just shut down for the two weeks of christmas rather than put out this rubbish, followed by repeats of Miriam Meets....

I really dislike the way that RTE seem to feel it's alright for Myles Dungan and Philip Boucher Hayes to work the week after christmas, but Lord Tubridy and Pat Kenny not to... They are meant to work in the entertainment business, so they should be providing entertainment when people want it... not when it doesnt interfere with their christmas... /rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I was gona post about this as well Jimmy... but for the opposite reason.. I really think it would be better off if RTE just shut down for the two weeks of christmas rather than put out this rubbish, followed by repeats of Miriam Meets....

I really dislike the way that RTE seem to feel it's alright for Myles Dungan and Philip Boucher Hayes to work the week after christmas, but Lord Tubridy and Pat Kenny not to... They are meant to work in the entertainment business, so they should be providing entertainment when people want it... not when it doesnt interfere with their christmas... /rant

Wasting your prose in the desert air Jonners.

RTE seem to think that Dublin John and Music -by-numbers Collins are fine from 0900 to 1300 spewing out the greatest bland shite known to man or woman.

The are in the public service entertainment business, but they think they work in the Civil Service.

Should do it right and shut the kip down totally.

By the way heard the Katryn T quiz .... load of tosh.... same old same old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was a quiz show on Monday on 2FM where one of the questions was about Bunny Carr. There was some guy presenting it though, not Kathryn Thomas. Presumably they were just recycling the same questions and it's not the show you are talking about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I found this quiz to be a harmless distraction over the past few days and a bit of fun for the week thats in it.

But I'm tuning out of todays show now because that unbearable tosspot and insult to the comedy profession Tom O'Connor is one of the participants.

I'm allergic to that moronic fúcker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

jimmyw wrote: »
    Who is Bunny Carr? puh!

Haha now you're showing your age when you don't know who Bunny Carr is :p Stop the lights!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

janeybabe wrote: »
    There was a quiz show on Monday on 2FM where one of the questions was about Bunny Carr.

Yeah that sounds like it Janey. Two students (and why two I've NO idea) have to find out which of the celebs were lying.. One says Bunny car is a type of motor vehicle, one says he is a game show presenter, and one says he is something else... I mean I love quiz shows.. why didnt they just have a straight quiz about the year 2010. I WOULD actually listen to that...

Lapin wrote: »
    I found this quiz to be a harmless distraction over the past few days and a bit of fun for the week thats in it.

But I'm tuning out of todays show now because that unbearable tosspot and insult to the comedy profession Tom O'Connor is one of the participants.

I'm allergic to that moronic fúcker.

I feel your pain,fcuker must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if he appears on that tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Firetrap wrote: »
    Haha now you're showing your age when you don't know who Bunny Carr is :p Stop the lights!

No I do know him.That's why I am saying that it is easy for me, but because I do remember him and the quiz show it means I am above a certain age.I also know of that other programme he used to present called "going strong" which was an old folks show.It also featured the "singer" Ann o Dwyer and ? o Doherty at the piano.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

jimmyw wrote: »
    Who is Bunny Carr? puh!

For those who don't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Here we go again.
    Another Christmas rolls by and again RTE lowers the bar in 'festive' programming. That quiz show, 'Before Your Time', is a load of tosh in my view. It's seems to be Call My Bluff with a moronic twist. Fine, by all means have a quiz show for the week thats in it but make some effort!
    Poor sound quality, has beens and never weres as guests (with the exception of Ruth Buchanan - at least I could make out what she was saying) and students confirming our worst fears about the Irish Education System. Terrible.
    This not about funding, not about the 'stars' salaries. This is about well paid producers sitting on their hairy holes throwing out this shoite and then using the immortal words..... "Ah shur, it'll do"
    That's why I still have no water where I live, that's why this country is broke and humiliated, that's why very little we pay for in the way of services actually work as they would in a normal Western democracy.
    "Ah shur, it'll do" This quiz show sums up this country nicely.
    Happy New Year.

• Advertisement

Take a bow Mr Timmy... that's a classic.

Unfortunately it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Spot on, T. My issue with the show was that What's My Line is a concept that's largely lost on radio. Plus, the idea of opening up the show to these youngsters who would die rather than listen to Radio 1 is just laughable. But the whole slack air of the prog as a symbol for our decrepit nation... Yeah, I can buy that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I feel your pain,fcuker must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if he appears on that tosh.

Hard to separate the The Tosh from the Fúckers really.

But at least they gave us young folk Katherine Thomas to think about while she asked anything she wanted during the quiz.
    This is where my concentration went ever so slightly out the gap.

And the older generation were treated to a daily dose of Ruth Buk- Buck- Buch-Playback.

And the very ancient were reminded that Bunny (Stop de lites) Carr, and Gay (Roll it there ColeTTe) were on the telly too you know.

Tosh ? yes - Stop de li............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I turned it off straight away and didn't listen to it again the rest of the week.

dire....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'd agree with all of this thread but I feel it's fair to point out that PK was on air certainly for most of last week. I happen to enjoy Ronan Collins as he is a good break from the bland Rihanna/Robbie Williams/Coldplay play listed led CHR tatty stations and he is by no more programmed than them, if anything he is a breath of fresh air for the time that he is on. Yeah, his brand of music isn't to all tastes but it's not aimed at 20 somethings on their iPhone but at Mum and Dad and Granny's who remember Sonny Knowles and Mario Lanza.

And Bunny Carr :D
    I really dislike the way that RTE seem to feel
    it's alright for Myles Dungan and Philip Boucher Hayes to work the week after christmas, but Lord Tubridy and Pat Kenny not to...

Advertisement