Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fence

• 29-12-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

I was looking to put a small fence in my garden to divide it. I don't know much about this though. I was thinking of using post at 4 foot intervals and nailing planks between them. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? How deep would i need to put the posts if I want them four foot high?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Generally you would need to put the posts down at least 2 ft to make sure they wont move and usually at about 4 ft centers.
    A better option might be to put concrete posts down where the ready made panels slide into them. You can use either timber panels or Concrete panels.
    You can get some nice patterned ones now.
    The best option at about twice the price is to build a wall and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Advertisement