Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corbally

• 29-12-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Anyone just hear anything interesting in Corbally?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

kilburn wrote: »

Like what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

No..but Im a bit out the road.

Have you news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

3 gunshots and a car screeching away near grove island

Well I'll be passing by there in 15mins so I'll let ye know if anyone is shot or what not. A bad spot for heads hanging around at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Are you near there Kilburn?

• Advertisement

was passing through out the corbally road when i heard it

Unless now it was just a car backfiring/anti-lag, unfortunately the gunshots are probably more likely. Wait and see I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

laneway sealed off near ard scoil ris on ennis road, any one know if this is connected or what is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Been driving around corbally all night(delivering chinese food) til about 20 mins ago,heard and saw nothing.

definitely heard it anyway could be sound carried a bit by the wind but deffo heard it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If its of any relevance, the little alleyway which runs from the Ennis Road to in front of Ardscoil Ris was cordoned off an hour ago (the one next to the bus shelter and the petrol station)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

tbh if its the same sound I heard, which I think it is, given the time and description, it sounded like an exhaust backfire, which would go hand in hand with a car tearing around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Did anybody hear of any incident off the Ennis Road. If you are inbound on the Ennis Road, after passing the Holy Rosary church and the petrol station, on the right side there is a lane that runs from the Ennis Road to Ard Scoil Ris. That lane is taped off both ends and the scenes of crime unit is there. Two places in the lane are coned off also.

There was a sexual assault on a teenage girl in that laneway at 7pm last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I live in Grove Island, it was a souped-up white car belonging to a student in the student village. He did his usual thing of creating the biggest noise possible while driving away. I actually looked out my window and saw the car, and after it was out of sight, I heard it backfire three times as he screeched his way towards the pa healy road junction.

osarusan wrote: »
    I live in Grove Island, it was a souped-up white car belonging to a student in the student village. He did his usual thing of creating the biggest noise possible while driving away. I actually looked out my window and saw the car, and after it was out of sight, I heard it backfire three times as he screeched his way towards the pa healy road junction.

That would tally with exactly what i heard thanks Osarusan for solving the riddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Turbo simo

Herd these "Gunshots" around Grove Island too. Seen that white car its like a Jap Pimping machine with big deep shiney wheels!!!! Wakes me up everytime it leaves the complex, theres a high pitch hissing sound everytime it changes gear too? Must be a mad thing all together!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

But it just makes the person driving it look like a tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I've seen it around as well, your man looks like a total tool driving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

Your man is a dead sexy ****er, models for Penny's afaik. His exhaust fell off one day hence the loud noise, at halloween time some young lads put fireworks into the remaining bits of his exhaust and when the car heats up the all go "BANG" so that explains the gunshot noises. He also keeps a special breed of championship winning retriever pigeons hence the "boooo" noise when he changes gear, he brings them in the car so that they get the taste of speed, hence why they are so talented thus winning championships.

• Advertisement

Been searching and found this, possibly the car?? Amazed to see fire could come out from that torpedo tube type exhaust!!!Surely it cant have any nct with that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There was a sexual assault on a teenage girl in that laneway at 7pm last night

Has now to come to light that the girl made the story up because her parents found her drunk at 7 in the evening. Sad times when a teenage girl cries rape.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Read that in the Leader last week as well. Shocking stuff. Could have ruined some young lad's life if the truth hadn't come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

It was her friends who rang her mother and when she collected her daughter the rape story started.She could have ruined someones life.Maybe the Garda will press charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Turbo simo wrote: »
    Been searching and found this, possibly the car?? Amazed to see fire could come out from that torpedo tube type exhaust!!!Surely it cant have any nct with that!!!
    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/gtsimo/jpg/?action=view&current=SDC11379.mp4

Thats a fierce loud yoke

Terrible thing to claim could destroy some lads life.

As for the lad with the car... where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sidewaysdrivin

think i recognize it from somewhere, heard before the driver of that yolk is a model alrite...

is something ****ed in it it keeps going round in circles and exploding... why:confused:

:Dnosmoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

The car in that video looks to be a Toyota Mark II JZX90. Looks to have a Bee-R rev limiter on it judging by the flames. Its a powerful car but its sad to see that power wasted on doing rings. She would be at home on track at a drift day.

i also found a video of it going sideways around roundabouts!!! ill throw them up!! im just lookin at pennys online see can i put a face to the descrription!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

That tit is out doing his rounds again tonight. What a plank, god help him it's a pity he doesn't realise how pathetic he looks.

Would love to see what'd happen if he was up my part of the world and tried his miserable hand at diffin, he'd be laughed out of it. State of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement