Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information Sought

• 29-12-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering where on the EPA website or any other environmental website I can find all the latest maximum concentrations for allowed/ recommended on parameters such as Ca, Mg, pH etc found in rivers. Its a report I am doing for college on a river we investigated on so I need this information. I have searched the EPA website and have found nothing really. Might have missed something maybe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dominic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I've a PDF a friend gave me from the EPA on parameters for water quality in accordance with the water framework directive, I'll have a look for it tomorrow and let you know and if I find it I'll pm you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

cheers thanks a mill!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Here's a document I was telling you about, extremely handy so it is because it references what the parameters are for all of the major directives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

awesome stuff. Thats the one I have been searching for. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

If you want to be bang up to date mention S.I. No. 272/2009 — European Communities Environmental Objectives (Surface Waters) Regulations 2009 These are new regulations which set some new standards for rivers & lakes water quality. Because the regs are so new the reports on the EPA website dont yet refer to these regs or limits but the limits specifiesd in the appendices of the regs will be what are now used to judge river water quality.

shortcut to copy of the regs.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2009/en/si/0272.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement