Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda c50 parts in Thailand

Options
  • 29-12-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm going to Thailand and hopefully a few surrounding countries soon on holidays for a couple of weeks, just wondering does anyone know whats the availibility like of genuine honda parts for the cub models, particularly the c50/70 models, as I might bring home some parts for mine if genuine or good quality spuirious is available.

Any info appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

I'd imagine Thailand would be swimming in C50's, should be no problem to get parts.

( Oh and BTW remember, if she has an Adam's apple - it's a man ;):D )

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Are they still being made there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

There are parts alright, but most are recycled from used metal and other bits. We seen a whole street full of various scooter parts all being made and mended by hand.

Not sure if it would be worth bringing them home, as like other copies they might fall apart on the way back! It's an awful long way just to get a part or 10.

Go have fun in Thailand, buy a suit, a bride (or a ladybody) and forget about bringing honda 50 parts home!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

colm_c wrote: »
    There are parts alright, but most are recycled from used metal and other bits. We seen a whole street full of various scooter parts all being made and mended by hand.

Oh, it's just spurious parts, I thought it was some deal like they are still building C50's there.

Like the deal with the old VW Beatles in Mexico until a few years ago, or the Royal Enfield in India, or the Massey Ferguson 35X still being made in India. I'm sure there are more examples.

Would that get us out of the recession? Buy the rights to make and assemble the Morris Minor....:D I know they'd sell, make a 4WD version...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

colm_c wrote: »
    Go have fun in Thailand, buy a suit, a bride (or a ladybody) and forget about bringing honda 50 parts home!

I'll be planning on doing most of those aswell! Its only really if I can see any genuine parts that I'll be doing any buying, I won't be doing much spurious buying apart from a good quality petrol tank if I can see one.

• Advertisement

Jonybgud wrote: »
    Oh, it's just spurious parts, I thought it was some deal like they are still building C50's there.

Like the deal with the old VW Beatles in Mexico until a few years ago, or the Royal Enfield in India, or the Massey Ferguson 35X still being made in India. I'm sure there are more examples.

Would that get us out of the recession? Buy the rights to make and assemble the Morris Minor....:D I know they'd sell, make a 4WD version...:p

Up till 2008 Honda were still knocking em out, any they might be still making them to this day.

http://world.honda.com/news/2008/208072350th-Anniversary-Super-Cub/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Have an old 50 and broke the kickstart. Got a spurious one and after a year it is the rustiest part of the 30 year old bike.... nuff said;);)

shawnee wrote: »
    Have an old 50 and broke the kickstart. Got a spurious one and after a year it is the rustiest part of the 30 year old bike.... nuff said;);)

Thats kinda why I want to avoid any chrome/chrome plated spurious parts...Genuine only for chrome parts is the only way to go, but genuine bits can be hard to get for these bikes, so if I see plenty of genuine honda chrome bits, I'll be filling the spare space in the backpack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bubba1

im told i need to replace the condenser in my honda c50 as its not running too good but havent a clue even where to start any help would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Theres a guy in Limerick advertises on donedeal and he claims to be able to supply all parts for Honda c50. ;)

• Advertisement

shawnee wrote: »
    Theres a guy in Limerick advertises on donedeal and he claims to be able to supply all parts for Honda c50. ;)

I think this is the same lad

www.honda50.net

Advertisement