Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumbar yards in Cork?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Douglas Lumbar is gone, Victoria Mills are long gone, so who else is supplying wood? Need to get some ply and MDF so I can build cabinets for the back of my work car, but I don't want to pay the prices DIY shops charge for sheets - especially the bent and chipped ones they keep on the shelves in the likes of Woodies/B&Q/etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

osb in holyhill or inhouse trade counter in blackpool-not sure will they cut to exact size but they sell various sized sheets like 8*2 or 8*4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nice one, sheets are fine, I've circular/mitre/jig saws at home. Anyone got any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Try T&A in Blackpool. They have a good selection, reasonably priced and very helpful.

No association other than the fact I have bought lots of timber there.

Abbey Woods in Blackpool (in the Industrial Estate past the Planet) are great for hardwoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Victoria mills moved to ballincollig.Not as good as it was but there is still a mill of sorts there. Out by Scotts tools near the fire Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

There is also one just up the road from the lough credit union on bandon road. Its just across the road from the shop on the v. Don't know about prices though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Cork Building Providers or McMahons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nice one lads, plenty to keep me going there. Who's taking bets on which finger I slice off first?

Advertisement