Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1year visa for over 30s ???

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi All

Is there any such visa for a 1 year workin holiday for over 30s? what are the options for over 30s

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Nope , your options are really in the permanent residence or sponsored work Visa catergorys.

None for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Applying for a WHV is OK up until 31st Birthday, if you are already over 31 then you are stuffed.

Only other way to work is to get sponsored by an employer or go skilled migration route.

Just on a sidenote if you do apply a month before your 31st then do enough for your 2nd WHV does the fact you are now over 31 exclude the 2nd WHV to you?

I would say so

If you look at this page which specific for the 2nd WHV http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm

General requirements

You must:

have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday (417) visa (there is no requirement to do further specified work on the second visa)
    not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (462) visa
    be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of applying, however, you may be aged over 30 years of age at the time your visa is granted

That means up to your 31st Birthday

Pretty straight cut,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

hows long does it take to apply, and how much does it cost? going to be 31 on the 10th, If I apply online will i get through?

Chances are it will.

do you know do I need to get all the medical done before I can apply, and how much does it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You don't, just apply

cool thanks! just incase the jobs goes nice to have a backup plan!! and somewhere to fly to!

• Advertisement

Medical ???

Mate its a working holiday Visa , its not any permanent visa by any means. As such you just need to apply for it.

Countries only really want medicals when they are goingh to have some responsiblity for your ongoing health.

You do require a chest X- ray for a WHV if you intend on working in a hospital or with children. ( ie. Teaching)

Advertisement