Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Book Recommendation

• 30-12-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a good book on the history of economic thought. I like books with well structured chapters and clear language. This would be for self study but I'm not looking for something overly heavy, (i.e. a ton of maths equations although a few wouldn't be so bad). Something along the lines of this book although dealing with the history of economic thought would be great if people are familiar with it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

Paul Samuelson wrote an introductory economics text book that was a staple in universities for decades. Adam Smith a Scotsman known as the father of economics wrote a number of books. Karl Marx who had a brilliant mind wrote a number of books, if he had put his shoulder to the capitalist wheel he would be remembered as a brilliant and original thinker. To understand economics you should read Clausewitz, Rousseau, Voltaire, Dostoevsky, Osborne of 1984 fame. Economics is a work in progress, quite fragmented, hundreds of viewpoints. Keep an open mind read widely on the left and right and you will be constantly surprised.

Advertisement