Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny People

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone able to tell me what day the Kilkenny People comes out? I'm not from the area, and need to pick up a copy of the next issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Every Wednesday although it's dated the following Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

Great. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

bought last wedensdays paper, absolute rip off! even allowing for the time of year the paper was lightweight full of filler photos etc. standard of cartoons was s**** reminded me of that annual we used to get in national school "siamsa " i think it was called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I agree with the above assessment, why anyone pays for a newspaper in a town where all the news is carried by free newspapers is a mystery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

catbear wrote: »
    I agree with the above assessment, why anyone pays for a newspaper in a town where all the news is carried by free newspapers is a mystery.
    I think some people have being buying it since the year dot and will continue out of habit. I get my news from the internet, local news here.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I now understand who is funding the Kilkenny People, in this weeks edition;
    "Dear Sir,
    My sister and I were walking down High Street and up William Street on Monday night of last week when we were accosted by a number of naked life sized mannequins in the window of Duggan's draper show. We were very upset at the nude males made of plastic. They left nothing to the imagination. The least the owners could have was cover them up.
    Sincerely,
    offended
    name and address with editor"
    So, she and her sister don't know what a penis looks like then and even if they did they're not happy with the way god made them. They probably also think that the KP carries news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

So, she and her sister don't know what a penis looks like then and even if they did they're not happy with the way god made them. They probably also think that the KP carries news!

The letters generally show a ridiculous level of ignorance, they're usually quite funny to read actually! Funnier than Gerry Moran and his stupid column anyway . . .:rolleyes: Generally the paper really isn't worth the money, although the sports section is readable and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Thats pretty ridiculous alright.

I hope they never go abroad, they would want to be careful where they were looking around some statues etc!

Advertisement