Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Ace Desire HD vs Iphone 4/3gs

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Personally I think the iPhone 4 is the best phone out there, bar none.
    The iOS platform is incredibly stable, the battery life is better than Android and the range and quality of apps out there is amazing. The build is beyond reproach ("antennagate" is a non-issue IME) and the screen is incredible. Apps and the web look great on it. Some new browsers in the app store allow you to "enjoy" flash videos in web-sites. Integration with your PC or Mac is much superior to the DHD too.

Not that there is anything wrong with the DHD, but why pay iPhone money and not have an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

bd250110 wrote: »
    the battery life is better than Android

How can you make this statement?

This is like saying that a power supply is great because the PC it is in runs the Windows operating system...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Not that there is anything wrong with the DHD, but why pay iPhone money and not have an iPhone?

lol - the iPhone can't even do widgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Obaraten wrote: »
    Which in your qualified opinion is the better phone and why,i would use for alot of internet use such a emails,facebook,skype,windows live messenger etc
    Thanks

DHD doesn't have a forward facing camera. Iphone 4 is streets ahead of the 3gs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

facebook and skype are miles better on iphone (although android have made improvements in the last few weeks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Ive had both and currently have the DHD and to me its the winner and the keeper. Adressing the battery first, Im not getting at least a day and a half from my DHD with 3g/wifi,browsing listening to music heavy texting and some calls thrown in, there's little if any difference imo between the two phones for battery usage.

Android for me is superior to ios, being able to use the phone how i want straight out of the box, it took me ages to tinker with ios via jailbreaking and adding various things untill I got it how I wanted it, and even then I still missed being able to just drag and drop & the widgets on android, i wont even mention itunes as I hated it.

The size of the DHD also suits me too, whilst I dont have shovels as hand's its still possible to hold and text in 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Has got to be the DHD.
    The lack of a front facing camera wouldnt bother me as Im not an iphone user and dont need to take pixcs of myself on my iphone and upload in to the internet to tel all my friends what phone im using.
    Honestly though, my brother has the iphone and I have the DHD and after playing around with his iphone for a while I noticed that it is just nothing compared to the DHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

ive had iphone3g,3gs and 4...currently DHD...

would never go back to an iphone 4 due to the signal issues I was having...no problem with a case, but without it was really annoying.

The screen size on the DHD is a big plus, makes the iphone look tiny.

DHD has full flash support..

Battery life is the same..Android Market is better than app store(android arnt as strict with what is and isn't allowed)..bluetooth file transfer works on the DHD! no such luck with iphone..

I have no use for a front facing camera..

I'd rather a new 3gs that iph4..but I cant see myself going back to apple ..it's possible depending on future iphones but right now the DHD is the best phone/internet device about (IMO)

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ..Android Market is better than app store(android arnt as strict with what is and isn't allowed)

Whilst i have a DHD myself, i gotta say a few of the apps i've downloaded from Android Market are pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Whilst i have a DHD myself, i gotta say a few of the apps i've downloaded from Android Market are pretty awful.

That's not really an argument. I've downloaded a lot of crap from the apple app store too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

A few bad(probably free apps) shouldn't cloud your decision though, there are some serously useless apps like "Vuvuzela" on the iTunes App Store too.

It's fair to compare them, you have to make a decision based on which phone is right for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQl-8Tm9AoQ

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

lol - the iPhone can't even do widgets.

The world is a much better place because of the iphone. The other manufacturers are trying their best in fairness, but are trotting well behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

How can you make this statement?

Because I've had both Android and iOS handsets, unlike most who say one is better than the other, simply because they have the particular handset. My experience with Android was a day (even with an App killer on 2.1) was a day was a struggle. Generally it needed charging in the car, on the way home, thats without any music playback, whereas I use the iPod a fair bit on the iPhone. I do miss the weather widget on my Desire and the active wallpapers, though.

In fairness the internet loads a fair bit more quickly (comparing on WiFi) with Android. Safari loads more slowly, unless there is some Flash content on the page, where the browser generally stutters.

I quite liked Android, it was the Market that turned me off. The quality of the apps are very hit and miss in terms of the effect they have on the handset as a whole, one bad app and the battery would last an hour on a single charge, the whole thing would seize up and require constant re-sets. I think a little more censoring would be a good thing. A lot of people bemoan iTunes, but it makes a simple way to sync your phone, with predictable results.

Mr E wrote: »
    That's not really an argument..

Commentary. Not an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nightster1 wrote: »
    The world is a much better place because of the iphone. The other manufacturers are trying their best in fairness, but are trotting well behind.

hahahaha thanks for that I really needed a good chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

seanybiker wrote: »
    hahahaha thanks for that I really needed a good chuckle.

“Apple will be the number one platform for a long time from a developer perspective, they have gotten so many things right. And they know what they are doing and they call the shots. Android is growing, but it’s also growing complexity at the same time. Device fragmentation not the issue, but rather the fragmentation of the ecosystem. So many different shops, so many different models. The carriers messing with the experience again. Open but not really open, a very Google centric ecosystem. And paid content just doesn’t work on Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

I have had both iphone and android. Both have there positives and negatives. If i was offered a choice tomorrow i would probably pick the android.

Because I've had both Android and iOS handsets, unlike most who say one is better than the other, simply because they have the particular handset. My experience with Android was a day (even with an App killer on 2.1) was a day was a struggle. Generally it needed charging in the car, on the way home, thats without any music playback, whereas I use the iPod a fair bit on the iPhone. I do miss the weather widget on my Desire and the active wallpapers, though.

In fairness the internet loads a fair bit more quickly (comparing on WiFi) with Android. Safari loads more slowly, unless there is some Flash content on the page, where the browser generally stutters.

I quite liked Android, it was the Market that turned me off. The quality of the apps are very hit and miss in terms of the effect they have on the handset as a whole, one bad app and the battery would last an hour on a single charge, the whole thing would seize up and require constant re-sets. I think a little more censoring would be a good thing. A lot of people bemoan iTunes, but it makes a simple way to sync your phone, with predictable results.

You're not really getting it are you? Android is an operating system.

Battery usage depends which hardware you have.

facebook and skype are miles better on iphone (although android have made improvements in the last few weeks)

What? Do you mean that the application developers that are responsible for the Facebook and Skype applications made changes to their side?

Why is it so difficult for people to understand the differences between and OS, H/W, Apps, etc... ?

Advertisement