Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you celebrate your 18th?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

Wonderful contributors of AH, well... the question's in the title really.

It's my 18th in 9 months - aaaaaages away; but already I've had a good few people ask what I'm doing for it. Given that I don't normally plan things more than 5 minutes before I do them (at the most), it's not something I've thought about at all. Also, I'm the oldest in my year at school, which means all of my schoolfriends will still be 17; but most of the people I know from outside school will be 18 :/

So I'm asking a question on what to do for my 18th, but pretending to care what you did. And Mickey, please don't move this to that 'events' forum will you? I want a normal people answer, not a 'professional' one.

So... anyone?

? 99 votes

House Party
    0%
    Meal
    17%
    tmanSwampyDiddy KongDravokivichPlayGirldotsmandr.bollockoyurmothrintitesLizTMy name is URLFoxx92Redlionnobbo[Deleted User]Wolf ClubI Love CheeseDwaegon 17 votes
    Piss up (Field or Pub)
    19%
    genieDinnerKnifeWRENCHaf_thefragileFreudianSlippersSulmacpsycho-hopecork*girlldxo15wus6fpgmswiftbladenehcolatonycascarinomariaf24FouxDaFaFababyfratelli_xIlyanaPrincess PeachDJKendoGeorge83 19 votes
    Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    53%
    tony 2 toneCreatureRabiesKilOitthe_barfly1DonkeyStyle \o/LarianneGoolayBob the BuilderOutlawPeteadrian5224zn76tysfajdxpanimanBlazerminidazzler[Deleted User]Sea SharpmahamageehadLillylillyKev_ps3 53 votes
    Watched TV with Nan
    2%
    KieraGillington 2 votes
    Other (go on, tell)
    8%
    Ciaran500stoveliddunworth1Hank ScorpioThargorKrusadercara_James2693 8 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    I had sex, you should do the same. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    Strip club.

..although i didnt get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I had sex, you should do the same. ;)
    How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I don't remember ...

har har har!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Meal
    House party, dropping idle hints to your best mate about how funny it would be if he collected money and got a stripper for it for weeks beforehand. ;)

Don't go to a club/pub as some of your mates are probably underage and won't get in/served.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just went on a bender - If i was 18 again I'd do something different like play scrabble with the mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

At home, on my own, with the little queen cake I made. I managed to find a small candle too, yay for me!

http://www.mumsnet.com/cms/uploads/content/cupcake-candle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    I can barely remember, it was that long ago! Damn young people :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Went out for dinner with a jockey, plenty of drinks & then I got jockeyed later on that night. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Meal
    At home, on my own, with the little queen cake I made. I managed to find a small candle too, yay for me!

http://www.mumsnet.com/cms/uploads/content/cupcake-candle.jpg

forever+alone+face.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    brummytom wrote: »
    How much did it cost?

About 2 drinks.

You should just organise a night out that starts in your local pub and ends in your nearest night club. Then back to yours for more drink.

Also, there's the option of going away somewhere in Europe but you'll have less less of a crowd if you do it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Meal on the day with family,Old Trafford a few weeks later with my dad for opening game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    pr0n

Actually I don't really remember. I think I had a small party with a bunch of mates, went to TGI Fridays and stuff. Pretty much the last time I had a proper B'day party. Don't really care about birthday anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I voted for "Other," because my nan wasn't there.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I voted for "Other," because my nan wasn't there.
    I don't have any grandparents - will that ruin my 18th? :eek:

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    It came to me! I was really really sick or something, and I had said I didn't want to do anything. But my Mam had already invited people to the pub, without asking me. So I sat there with a miserable face while everyone stared at me waiting for entertainment and kept asking "How does it feel to be drinking legally?" It was horrible, I blocked the memory!

5 years ago this week :( Soooo old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I didn't think I was THAT old, but in my day it was your 21st that was the milestone birthday.

So my 18th passed without much furore at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I went to the pub with some friends. When the barman asked us what we were celebrating he wasn't impressed as I'd been a regular there for the past 6 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Mine's a couple of days before St. Patrick's Day so will probably just go out on that night, parade first though! Can't wait, I've missed so many nights out this year already. 17 is the most annoying age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    Bruxelles in Dublin and met a girl I went on to go out with for a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

how do u have 7,560 posts before your even 18 ?

I think you should just get hammered ....... thats it then :)

how do u have 7,560 posts before your even 18 ?

I really, really, really don't have a life

Meal
    matrim wrote: »
    I went to the pub with some friends. When the barman asked us what we were celebrating he wasn't impressed as I'd been a regular there for the past 6 months :D

haha I'd been going to my local for 2 years before I turned 18. They were well pissed off! Their fault for not asking for ID!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    you could have a baby and throw it a party before you're even 18....

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

brummytom wrote: »
    I really, really, really don't have a life

your life will start ....in 9 months .... don't you worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Had a pint or two at the local with a few of my mates, it was grand. Don't particularly like birthdays so didn't bother doing anything especially interesting, don't really understand why some people make a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The night of my 18th... Ahhhh. I went out for a meal with my boyfriend at the time, insisted on driving, even though I wasn't very confident. Turning into his driveway upon return, I sort of embedded one of his gates in the back door of my car. Cried. A lot. He watched some match... Liverpool or something, I dunno and I had a few Bacardi Breezers with his mam.

She was quite fond of a good ole drink, so it wasn't long 'til she had me knocking back the vodka. Later that night, I puked in his back garden, his dog ate my vomit and I passed out on the couch and would not (could not) move to go to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I can barely remember, it was that long ago! Damn young people :(
    Dito.
    I think it was just another average day.

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    Biggins wrote: »
    Dito.
    I think it was just another average day.

How old are you? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Can't remember.
    Mustn't have been that exciting so.

Advertisement