Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you celebrate your 18th?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i did fook all
    after the age of 10 i lost interest in celebrating my birthday, really hate the idea of a party and being the centre of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gamplays4You

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    went clubbing and got thrown out after literly 15 minutes :( ****e ol birthday really. only upside is bday sex off the woman but most of ye will get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Pacquaio VS Hatton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    I had a chemistry lab in college the night of my 18th. :( They rescheduled it so we wouldn't have to do it the last Friday of term before Christmas and made us do it a few nights earlier instead. By the time I was finished, I was too tired to bother going out.

Went for a meal with my family a few nights later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

How old are you? :)
    Old enough to have a wife, four kids and lived a bit. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    Biggins wrote: »

Thats what I though. Much much older than me.

Thanks for the pick me up sweetcheeks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thats what I though. Much much older than me.

Thanks for the pick me up sweetcheeks :D
    Any time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

1994!

Smarty Party in Burger King in Coolock :D

Then into Fibbers to get smashed. Which we did :pac:

*Got into a row on Swords main street on way home at 3am.

**Started a fight with my sisters bf when I finally got home :(

Classy back then so I was :o

*I stopped drinking in 1996!
    ** Seriously :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    Kersh wrote: »
    1994!
    I stopped drinking in 1996!

Sounds like a hell of a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I...don't know. Actually I don't think I did anything. I never really do anything for my birthday. Probably went for a meal or something with my family. You'd think I'd remember seeing as it was only 3 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was fairly broke ass at the time, but also reasonably inventive, so I blagged a night of freebies...

It started with the Carlton Cinema in Dublin... they were showing a Reservoir Dogs retrospective, so I rang the manager & told him that as the editor of the new college magazine, I would like to give away 10 free tickets to coincide with an interview I was doing with Steve Buschemi, which would also promote his cinema.

He agreed & sent me 10 tickets. So myself & 9 friends went to see the film armed with naggins of spirits to add to the cokes.

Of course, I was never an editor of a student magazine & never interviewed Steve Buschemi. As far as I remember, the college didn't even have a magazine.

After that we headed to Club USI - the student bar & got a load of free booze & a birthday cake courtesy of the fact that I had told them that I - as the Entertainments Officer for my college - was running a birthday competiton for 10 students for a freebie birthday bash for the student with the most nominations for the month.

They never checked to see if it was true or even if I was involved with the students union, which of course, I wasn't.

Well, I kinda was at one time, but only for a brief spell when I ordered an extra 200 tickets for the Freshers Ball from the printers, hawked them around the college at half price & pocketed the cash.

Ah, to be 18 again... such a youthful, bright eyed & naive time.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I just ended up hanging around the local area with my mates, acting the bollix as usual...nothing special :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I think I wrote three english essays with my stereo up to the last, to try and ignore the world and its existence (and the leaving cert).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Meal
    Keyholed a can of budwieser... haven't done it again since...

man that left me in some state...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sad times when I can't even recall my 18th.. my 21st sticks out in my memory more...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

didn't, ye posh b*******...

well actually i was alone on it...

only got one happy birthday.

foreveralone.jpg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    Meal with parents & couple of friends, then into town with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Getting dumped by a girlfriend at the time, at least she waited until after midnight to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Piss up (Field or Pub)
    Went for a big meal and then a pissup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 a.maze

I went to school like any other day then went to subway with mates like any other day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Lads/Ladettes Trip Away
    I got legally rat arsed for mine as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Other (go on, tell)
    Horse and carriage ride and then a walk under gaslight down Sackville Street, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just had a piss up, did the same for my 21st and im 30 at the start of february and will probably do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

On my 18th birthday, I was studying for my first year exams in UCD while drinking a budvar and reading an environmental economics book... Every birthday for my three years there was spent doing something like that (I hate myself).:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I spent mine doing my Leaving Cert English Paper 1, back in 1988. Absolutely horrible, even though I came home to find I got a few cards with money in them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

Meal
    Went to the pub, got in the horrors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

kelle wrote: »
    I spent mine doing my Leaving Cert English Paper 1, back in 1988. Absolutely horrible, even though I came home to find I got a few cards with money in them!

That's mad, I was born in December of that great year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I think a large part of my 18th was spent in the cell at pearse garda station.

Awwwwwww good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Biggins wrote: »

aren't you a little old to be drinking illegally? :cool:

*waits in anxiety for thanks from his peers for his witty post*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Celebrated it in a dodgy (and apparently illegal) transvestite bar in Minsk. Got wrecked on $2 bottles of champagne and got chased by the police.

Night to remember tbf.

Advertisement