Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want to help develop a small game?

• 30-12-2010 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I'm a games dev student myself and i'm wondering if anyone with free time during the summer wants to help develop a game during the summer...
    Something simple enough (nothing is easy) that can be completed during the summer. I have a few projects in mind but nothing set in stone yet regarding planning, language or platform. I did feck all last summer and paid for it so i'm not making the same mistake this year.
    I suppose if we did a good enough job we could sell it but i'm not in it for money just to build a bit of a portfolio.
    Anyway let me know if your interested and we can talk more before the summer break and get cracking!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

I wouldn't mind giving it a go, im 3rd year software dev doing a project so have the summer free and should still be in epic coding mode coming out of the project! :P I know what you mean about doing nothing for the summer and id really like to keep my coding skills sharp. And as for whatever project you want to do Im easy going when it comes to that and dont mind what type of game it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Deadly stuff, i'll pm you my number and we can meet up in college some day and flesh it out.

cool, I wont be back until the 10th but i'll get in touch then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nolaner

Depending on what language and stuff you'd be using i'd be pretty happy to help with developing this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Could also be interested, I'm in Dave D's class too, and as you say it would be nice to keep the coding skills up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

If I'm in carlow for the summer, I wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Deadly buzz! Can ye all pm me your numbers/names? Cheers

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Deadly buzz! Can ye all pm me your numbers/names? Cheers
    Pm'ed ya there. If we need to meet up as a group in the college, any day is good for me.

I sent texts out there today lads, if ye didnt get one for some reason pm me and i'll give ya a buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hmmmmm is there any chance ye would be able to meet in an evening at some stage? I've an idea I'd like to run past ye. Something in the nature of a bit of market research and ye are exactly what I'm looking for?

• Advertisement

Yeah sure, we havent met yet but I'm starting the design maybe next month if it has anything to do with that. I tried to pm you my number but your storage limit is exceeded :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yeah I just saw that now :o

Have cleared out a load of junk now so should work now :)

If anyone else is interested in making games, I'm interested in talking to all of ye

Advertisement