Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Old?.. Too Young??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    once there's thatch on the cottage it's time to move in ;)

The youngest grandmother was 18 i think, so i wonder what sort of roofing she had when she became a mother:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

When apples are red they're ready for plucking, when girls are 18 they're ready for f....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm very almost 23 (:() so someone 8/9 years younger would be 15/14. I'm gonna say no to that. Last boyfriend was 25 and he had the emotional maturity of a 5 year old, so I'd veer away from younger men in general.

But not too old. I think once you hit a certain age, your expectations from a relationship change. I'm a bit young for anything major serious, and he'd have to enjoy doing the same things I do.

Unless he's an old man billionaire. then exceptions may be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I'm calling the police.

While it was funny what ya did there, I put in the reference to 8 or 9 years as I had been with a 30 year old.. Just wanted to clear that up... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

has in before snyper been said yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

If they're old enough to speak then they're old enough to take a rogering and that goes for young and old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

4 up, 3 down.

Age, not..... nevermind :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

when i was 22 i got with a 17 year old girl,as most girl who where my age then didnt want a "youngfella" so naturally i went for younger girls(didnt mean to go for a 17 yr old but she was hot and we got on great)but now id only go for a girl my own age or older i have not got the energy for a 21 year old anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Balfie wrote: »
    While it was funny what ya did there, I put in the reference to 8 or 9 years as I had been with a 30 year old.. Just wanted to clear that up, your honour ... :D

:)

A guy i used to work with had a girlfriend younger than his daughter
    Very weird guy....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Balfie wrote: »
    So what is the people of after hours rule with a man or a woman, if they are too old for you, or too Young to try it on? I'm 22, an have been with a 30 year old,... Never worried about younger. Till a girl I liked ended up being a lot younger.. An she got angry when I told her there was no chance.. What is the age difference to you? Or does it make a difference? Would you go for someone 8 or 9 years younger or the same for 8 or 9 years older?

Why are you admitting to fancying a 13-14 year old OP? You do know this will result in prison.....and a sore Arse :cool:

KeithM89 wrote: »
    A guy i used to work with had a girlfriend younger than his daughter
    Very weird guy....

So was this you or Starbelgrade then :cool:

johnn wrote: »
    So was this you or Starbelgrade then :cool:

Hilarious...:rolleyes:

He was about 45, and divorced. Daughter was 25ish and his new girlfriend was 19.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Hilarious...:rolleyes:

He was about 45, and divorced. Daughter was 25ish and his new girlfriend was 19.

Didn't ask for his life story.

johnn wrote: »
    Didn't ask for his life story.

Thats good caus i could have went on for awhile and bored you even more with my awful posts...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm 20 and I probably wouldn't consider going out with someone who was younger than me (don't mind around 19). But I couldn't go out with some one still in school, that would be a bit weird. Upper age limit - probably mid to late twenties.

lizt wrote: »
    I'm 20 and I probably wouldn't consider going out with someone who was younger than me (don't mind around 19)=

Does wouldn't mean would :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Age/2 + 7 = Acceptable Age

????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm very almost 23 (:() so someone 8/9 years younger would be 15/14. I'm gonna say no to that. Last boyfriend was 25 and he had the emotional maturity of a 5 year old, so I'd veer away from younger men in general.

But not too old. I think once you hit a certain age, your expectations from a relationship change. I'm a bit young for anything major serious, and he'd have to enjoy doing the same things I do.

Unless he's an old man billionaire. then exceptions may be made.

older guy acted like a child therefore you will not go out with younger men :confused::confused:

I'm 24. naughties-teens is my range.

older guy acted like a child therefore you will not go out with younger men :confused::confused:

I'm 24. naughties-teens is my range.

Well if he's older and acted like that, a younger guy would just be worse! It all makes logical sense.

If you knew the boys I know.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

There are no ages that are too old or too young for me (as long as they're adults). If the years have done damage to people then it's true they mightn't be as attractive to me. But no hard and fast rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Well if he's older and acted like that, a younger guy would just be worse! It all makes logical sense.

If you knew the boys I know.....

It doesn't make sense at all. Just because you dated one guy who was immature doesn't mean that every single guy in the world is gonna be the same. If you met a younger guy who you really liked, got on with and all that stuff, would you rule him out 'cause you'd automatically think he'd act like a child? That's just a little silly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Most of the people i've been with were older than me-one was over twice my age. Someone being a few years younger wouldn't put me off him though-it all depends on the person.

Novella wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense at all. Just because you dated one guy who was immature doesn't mean that every single guy in the world is gonna be the same. If you met a younger guy who you really liked, got on with and all that stuff, would you rule him out 'cause you'd automatically think he'd act like a child? That's just a little silly imo.

Oh to see the inside of my head :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i would have no problem hooking up with a older lady,these days the milfs/cougars look better than ever;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

OutlawPete wrote: »
    :)

I like what ya did there Pete.. hahaha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I generally go for the older guys. I can't say I have ever dated or was in a relationship with a younger guy but I have been attracted to some, they were only a year if a couple of months younger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Any age as long as im in LOVE :D but not anyone with a whole set of false teeth and a walking stick hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm 23 and I wouldnt date anyone under 22 or anyone over 30:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

my general rule is that if the age gap isn't too big for hugh hefner it ain't too big for me :p

Advertisement