Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Old?.. Too Young??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Seloth wrote: »
    At 19 I'd say 17 and I wouldnt go much older either tbh.

As yeah get older though the gap allowance increase or atleast thats the general view.

I know an 18 year old whos going out with a fella that when she started first year he had just finished his leaving hah

She's going out with a 22/23 year old!!! Thats dusgusting. Is he some kind of Pedo?? :D

Just highlights the difference a few short years makes. I remember working as a barman as a youngfella of 21 and I absolutely fancied the pants of a 16 year old Floorgirl. Would not/Could not go there. 2 short years later when I was 23 and she was 18 and out of school, the same 5 year age gap meant a lot lot less. Of course by then she was in a long term relationship with someone else. As of now at our current ages, that same 5 year age gap would mean absolutely nothing. Haven't seen her about the town in over a decade. She could be married with kids now for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Half your age plus 7 years if your older

Half their age plus 7 years if their older

My last other half was 41 when i was 23 - that was some year i tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Elvis (25) and Priscilla (14) were one of the more famous couples that met when one was much younger than the other.

Some great photos here, taken just a few days after they met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'm 23 and I wouldnt date anyone under 22 or anyone over 30:o

I bet you will be with someone over 30:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

i would have no problem hooking up with a older lady,these days the milfs/cougars look better than ever;)

Just curious...

What age is an "older" lady?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

foxinsox wrote: »
    Just curious...

What age is an "older" lady?

older than my 26 years ha,ah no id class a milf as 35+

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm 26 - youngest I'd go out with would be 20, oldest 40.

That said, I did score someone 16 years older than me when I was 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My fiancé is 43 and I'm 25. If it works it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Elvis (25) and Priscilla (14) were one of the more famous couples that met when one was much younger than the other.

Some great photos here, taken just a few days after they met.

grooming is ok if you're famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Rabies wrote: »
    I'm almost 31. Current girl is 34yrs old.

When I was 30, all the girls where 20-25yrs old.

Em you are 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Em you are 30?

I'm a few weeks off 31. Seeing current girl now officially for 2 months. Casually for 7 months. Before we were official I was still seeing other people. She knew that. So in the past year I've had quiet an age range.

Em you are 30?

Lately I've been saying I'm 31 when people ask :(
    Don't know why. Usually I'm holding on to my age as long as possible.

Old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Lately I've been saying I'm 31 when people ask :(
    Don't know why. Usually I'm holding on to my age as long as possible.

Old :(

I'm 37 ffs. No idea how it came to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

rossie1977 wrote: »
    my general rule is that if the age gap isn't too big for hugh hefner it ain't too big for me :p

That randy fecker would go through the mother to date the fetus.

I'm 37 ffs. No idea how it came to this!

its a living nightmare that progresses towards grey hair and wrinkles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

its a living nightmare that progresses towards grey hair and wrinkles :(

You`l be foaming at the mouth next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

janeybabe wrote: »
    My fiancé is 43 and I'm 25. If it works it works.

Ah , there's hope for me yet.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I have a handy graph for these situations

Damn, I'll have to wait till I'm 50 to tap some of that sweet 85 year old ass...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Isn't it that girls tend to mature faster than guys hence a girl 2-4 years younger to you is more ideal than a girl older than or same age as you??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I have a handy graph for these situations

You'd build up quite a relationship between yourself and your hand until you get to 15...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Had a rocking time when I was 21 and she was 16. Was that illegal? and it was all her idea, I ran all the logical talk by her first! Saying that now id have a few words to say if the sister was at that lark.

Sister ehy? Nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

half your age plus seven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

my OH is 13 years older than me, we have been together 10 years now. I was 17 when we first started going out, he was 30, here is to the next 10 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I bet you will be with someone over 30:D
    Maybe when I'm older:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Fizman wrote: »
    Divide by 7 and add 2.

Very much agree on that! +1 Only right really! I'm 25 and wouldn't go out with anyone younger than 20/21 or any one more than 10 years than myself. 3-to 5/6 year age gap be about right for me otherwise I notice the age gap and differences between me and someone out of that age range. I notice those things a lot more cause of the age gap between myself and family members and friends. I find I get on better with people nearer my age over all. Then again I often question the maturity of some men what ever their age is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Very much agree on that! +1 Only right really! I'm 25 and wouldn't go out with anyone younger than 20/21 or any one more than 10 years than myself. 3-to 5/6 year age gap be about right for me otherwise I notice the age gap and differences between me and someone out of that age range. I notice those things a lot more cause of the age gap between myself and family members and friends. I find I get on better with people nearer my age over all. Then again I often question the maturity of some men what ever their age is!

i got asked on a date by a girl who just turning 21 tomorrow im 27 in april.....shes hot but i just cant do it i feel to old plus i have a son who will be 2 the day after my own birthday,i doubt she would have the maturity for it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Ugly people have a wider age range to help them in their cause, its a well known fact.....

TBH it depends on how mature/immature they are.... Age after all i only a number (Although the higher it is the closer you are to death)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

DamienOB wrote: »
    Age after all i only a number (Although the higher it is the closer you are to death)
    Loving the observation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 supersizeme

When I was 16 I dated a 27 yr old man,dated for just over 3yrs... but now that Im in my mid twenties I feel very uncomfortable with the whole thing as I can't see how someone of my age could go for someone so young... once you've reached your twenties age gaps don't really matter though imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

When I was 23 I went out with someone 43 for 2 years and he turned out to be more immature than my previous bf who I met when I was 16 and he was 17! It was a rebound and also was long distance so took a while to realise how bad it was!
    Recently kissed and texting a 54 yr old I am 29 so starting to think maybe i have daddy issues :P
    Have to admit not sure about this one purely because of the age difference and him having a 25 yr old son!

I think maybe 22-23 would be the youngest I would ever consider but mainly I would stay around my own age tbh

Advertisement