Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of used oil

Options
  • 30-12-2010 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Ive a 50 litre drum of used oil I need to get rid of

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean car oil?

Council waste depots will usually accept it. Check their website as not all depots will.

For commercial quantities a charge may apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I would have thought a charge would apply, commercial or private use, no?
    I have about 15 litres of used motor oil in drums that I need to dispose of too, I'll pop down to the landfill at Kinsale Rd.

They'll only take 2 x 1 gallon containers from you in the recycling centre and that's to folks who have paid their refuse charges iirc. Also they may take €1 or €2 for the pleasure too. No way will they take a 50L drum off you as they will reckon you are a commercial entity and that's it's not private waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 migwelder

Recyling center in carrigtwohill will take waste oil,just pour in what you have

Advertisement