Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing b&q tiles

• 30-12-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Have floored the kitchen in Windosr 600x600 porcelain beige tiles from B&Q.

I bought the sealer too, but when the tiles saw the sealer he said they were good quality porcelain and the tiles didn't need it. He said the sealer can often react with the tiles to make them look shoddy. As I was doing the sealing, he wasn't getting out of work.

Anyway, I tried out some household spills on a spare tile - water, lemon jiuce, beer, wine, mustard, even lipstick! Left them overnight and they all washed off without a trace remaining.

Anyone know why the other forums are so adamant that these tiles need to be sealed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

A good quality sealer won't make them look shoddy if they were mine i would seal them with a product called sealguard

Advertisement