Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cairns to Melbourne charity cycle

Options
  • 30-12-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

on February 1st, I'll be embarking on a charity cycle from Cairns to Melbourne, which is over 3,500 kilometers. I plan on arriving in Melbourne on March 17th. 50% of the money will go to the Irish Heart Foundation and the other 50% will go to the Australian Heart Foundation. I'll not be taking any expenses from the fund.

If you wish to donate directly to the Irish Heart Foundation via my event, you can visit:
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/andy_humphreyss_event/
    Otherwise, if you would like your donation to be split evenly between both organizations, then you can donate to the account that I have had set up specifically for this event:
    Swift Code: ANZBAU3M
    BSB/Sort Code: 013-435
    Account Number: 5331-84172

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I'll do one Better, give us a shout the mornin you are on the North side of Brisbane and I'll make ya a Bacon and Egg Sammich and a Cup of coffee, that should see ya right to melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Met this mad German when I was in Alice Springs who was cycling around most of the country - not for charity or anything, just for the hell of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

whyulittle wrote: »
    Met this mad German when I was in Alice Springs who was cycling around most of the country - not for charity or anything, just for the hell of it!

I met Germans doing fruitpicking not for the 2nd year visa (because about three Germans per year actually apply and the opther half a million go straight home), but for the hell of it, to be a Jimbaroo or whatever they call it. They are by and large (over here) a tightarsed odd, odd breed.

Best of luck OP, dont die (of boredom, not exhaustion. Seriously, Cairns and the surrounding areas can bring on suicidal feelings):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

I'll do one Better, give us a shout the mornin you are on the North side of Brisbane and I'll make ya a Bacon and Egg Sammich and a Cup of coffee, that should see ya right to melbourne.

I'm gonna hold you to that :) I hope I make it Brisbane without the use of a flotation device

no bother brother

My Sammiches Are Legendary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if ya make it to sydney i will make you a good irish mcdonnel's chicken curry , and a nice chilled bottle of water/magners to wash it down !!

Jaysus, that reminds me, I ordered meself some ''Erin Curry Powder'' before Christmas, I wonder if its arrived yet

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

I met Germans doing fruitpicking not for the 2nd year visa (because about three Germans per year actually apply and the opther half a million go straight home), but for the hell of it, to be a Jimbaroo or whatever they call it. They are by and large (over here) a tightarsed odd, odd breed.

Best of luck OP, dont die (of boredom, not exhaustion. Seriously, Cairns and the surrounding areas can bring on suicidal feelings):pac:

Lol wot.

Some of the coolest funkiest people I've met over here are German. They may not all wear GAA jerseys and live in base hostel or whatever fits your bill as normal. I've had some quality nights out going to some great dance gigs I'd never heard of thanks to a lot of them.

This one time I met a Chinese guy and he smelt, fairly sure they all do.

Anyways good luck with the cycle, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Lol wot.

Some of the coolest funkiest people I've met over here are German. They may not all wear GAA jerseys and live in base hostel or whatever fits your bill as normal. I've had some quality nights out going to some great dance gigs I'd never heard of thanks to a lot of them.

This one time I met a Chinese guy and he smelt, fairly sure they all do.

Anyways good luck with the cycle OP, fair play!

I'm having some concerns regarding the flooding in Queensland. Does anyone know/guess when this will subside?

• Advertisement

A week behind schedule due to the cyclone, but ready to take off :)

Here's the beast :D

180311_497933538457_612593457_6160034_2269435_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Best of luck!

Keep an eye on that system developing out by Fiji, may turn into something.

If you're doing anything in Brisbane on your way through, post it up and I'll try to swing by.

Advertisement