Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's

Options
  • 30-12-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Represents all I love about Ireland.As Mocha on William St. has closed down,I decided I would try for my coffee fix in the fake plastic food emporium.Coffee as advertised on the board €2.Coffee & Bacon & Egg McMuffin Deal €4.Ok I'll have a coffee and bacon McMuffin.Total price: €4.70. Extra €0.70 because I did not ask for it as a meal.Individual Bacon & Egg McMuffin price advised on board, no.Time between coffee received and McMuffin,5 mins.

Note to self, learn to ask for money and walk back out.

Rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I don't know why they bother pricing things that way in meal deals when they could just reduce the price of individual items. I wonder if it has anything to do with the deal ending at 10.30am. I think this is one for "fix it Friday"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

catbear wrote: »
    I don't know why they bother pricing things that way in meal deals when they could just reduce the price of individual items. I wonder if it has anything to do with the deal ending at 10.30am. I think this is one for "fix it Friday"!

I usually find that this approach gets the desired results.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Mocha on William street has closed down but luckily it opened straight back up on high street about 40 Metres away.

The caramel squares in there are bonerific.

And yes Mickey D's is sh!te (except their coffee which is actually quite nice and reasonably priced), but in fairness, their menu and taste has been the same for decades, did you really expectto get anything other than sh!te in there?

You'd probably get more nutrition out of the wrapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I heard that Mocha shut down but didn't know a new one opened, that's deadly I may pay a visit :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

Represents all I love about Ireland.As Mocha on William St. has closed down,I decided I would try for my coffee fix in the fake plastic food emporium.Coffee as advertised on the board €2.Coffee & Bacon & Egg McMuffin Deal €4.Ok I'll have a coffee and bacon McMuffin.Total price: €4.70. Extra €0.70 because I did not ask for it as a meal.Individual Bacon & Egg McMuffin price advised on board, no.Time between coffee received and McMuffin,5 mins.

Rant over.
    In fairness many fast food outlets run specials all the time and it is up to the customer to ask for exactly what they want. If you were unhappy about this why did you not insist on receiving your order at the specials price. If they didnt accommodate you then ask for your money back and walk out. I agree that there are appear to be issues at McDonalds kilkenny regarding ordering times and definitely customer area cleanliness. If my staff kept my shop floor in that condition well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Didn't realise the mocha on william street is closed...
    there is another mocha open on high street beside the tholsel, where fleva used to be.

Write a letter to mickey D and get your 70 cent back!! :)
    thats bloody lousey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm not a big fan of the McDonalds in KK; slowest Mcd's in Ireland in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I'd much rather eat my own sh!t than anything from McDonalds!... Probably better nutritional value in it!

Its good if your stuck but not great to be eating all the time.
    Are you talking about Blaine eating hi own sh!t?

Macdonalds or Burger King?
    Can not comment, we don't have a burger king.

• Advertisement

Burger King is better. We don't have one but I went to one once up in the big schmoke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Did blondie suffer a bout of incontinence around the 2.11 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gaffney92

Rant over.

im sorry to hear about the service time, and that they didnt ask you for a meal!!!!!!!!!!!! I work there and would like to blame it on a "new guy" but obviously cant! I will take this and say it instore. People being overcharged for none meals is something were trying to tell the staff not to do. Thanks for the info on this thread. Im sorry you were overcharged. A 4 euro breakfast includes a Drink, mcmuffin and a hash brown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Do we get a boards discount?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

no comment! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Kilo Fox Charlie does boards discounts if you know the secret handshake ;)

Bravo echo Charlie Doesn't Like lIes heehee

Advertisement