Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing white cat- Renmore/Ballyloughane

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Missing a 7 month old male cat from the renmore area. He's mostly white with one black ear and a black tail. No collar.
    Any help with this would be appreciated.
    lola.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have you cross-posted in Animal and Pet issues? I hope he comes home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Have you cross-posted in Animal and Pet issues? I hope he comes home soon.
    Thanks for reminding me! Hopefully he'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Gorgeous kitten. I'll keep an eye out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Imagine looking for that thing a couple of weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Imagine looking for that thing a couple of weeks ago!

Dude, no offence, but that 'thing' is a cat, and OP is most likely frantic looking for her cat; it's hardly an appropriate time for jokes:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Shared the photo with friends near you, hope you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I have crossposted on the EGAR FB page and asked people in the Galway area to share it.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Shared the photo with friends near you, hope you find him.
    EGAR wrote: »
    I have crossposted on the EGAR FB page and asked people in the Galway area to share it.

Thanks so much to both of you, I really appreciate it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Dude, no offence, but that 'thing' is a cat, and OP is most likely frantic looking for her cat; it's hardly an appropriate time for jokes:rolleyes:

Sh*t you're right. Objectifying cats is something I actually feel really strongly about too.

Sh*t you're right. Objectifying cats is something I actually feel really strongly about too.
    I see you edited the original of this. I'm glad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

I am often down at Lakeshore Drive, is that close to your area where cat went missing?

Where exactly in Renmore, Close to Duggan's Spar etc etc

mbiking123 wrote: »
    I am often down at Lakeshore Drive, is that close to your area where cat went missing?

Where exactly in Renmore, Close to Duggan's Spar etc etc
    That's nearby, alright. I'd be more on the beach/Ballyloughane stores side than the Duggan's side but they're all very close. He could easily be somewhere around there. It would be great if you could keep an eye out for him.

Why not put a picture of the cat up in that shop

Also the Centra shop, would be closer than Duggan's. The guy that has the butcher shop is friendly. He might allow a poster A4 page etc to be put up

The GAA club is probably close by, might be a good idea to ask there

Also Pitch and Putt course behind Renmore barracks, you could ask permission to go there. Alot of rough area between GAA club and barracks

Is it possible that the cat found a new home with someone else, they can do that if they dont get enough attention. I know someone that happened to. Both cats left for another house - very nice of them. They were properly fed etc, just wanted a warm house to stay in during the day

mbiking123 wrote: »
    Why not put a picture of the cat up in that shop

Also the Centra shop, would be closer than Duggan's. The guy that has the butcher shop is friendly. He might allow a poster A4 page etc to be put up

The GAA club is probably close by, might be a good idea to ask there

Also Pitch and Putt course behind Renmore barracks, you could ask permission to go there. Alot of rough area between GAA club and barracks

Is it possible that the cat found a new home with someone else, they can do that if they dont get enough attention. I know someone that happened to. Both cats left for another house - very nice of them. They were properly fed etc, just wanted a warm house to stay in during the day
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually already put up fliers in all those places. Didn't think of the pitch&putt though.
    I'm hoping someone has taken him in so have put fliers through the letterboxes of some neighbours.
    Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Hope you find the little dude, but this seems to be happening a lot these days, wonder how small you could make a gps/phone combo. As in you text the phone and it responds by emailing gps co-ords to a specific email address? If it could fit around the cats neck without being too bulky it might have a market. And no I'm not related to Erwin Schrodinger. Could call it the iFind?

b.t.w. the above post wasn't meant to make light of the situation of a lost pet more a question of the technology exists so why isn't it available?

Eman Resu wrote: »
    b.t.w. the above post wasn't meant to make light of the situation of a lost pet more a question of the technology exists so why isn't it available?
    No worries, I didn't take it like that at all. I think it's a good idea actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RonnieQuibbles

Eman Resu wrote: »
    Hope you find the little dude, but this seems to be happening a lot these days, wonder how small you could make a gps/phone combo. As in you text the phone and it responds by emailing gps co-ords to a specific email address? If it could fit around the cats neck without being too bulky it might have a market. And no I'm not related to Erwin Schrodinger. Could call it the iFind?

They do exist. See here
    Thinking of getting one for our cat.

Random chance Damn! I knew it was too good an idea not to have someone else with the right skills to take advantage of it!

Course my Schrodinger reference was due to the fact that a constant radio transimitter around your (your being the pet in question)'s neck could be worse for them than a little bit of away from owner time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

He couldnt have got all the way out to briarhill?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056129437

edit. scratch that. looks to be different cats. no collar/blue collar

fergpie wrote: »

I thought that as well, but the OP said he didn't have a collar.

fergpie wrote: »

edit. scratch that. looks to be different cats. no collar/blue collar
    Thanks fergpie and westernnight but definitely no collar and seems to be an all white cat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Kitty has returned! Landed back to the house casual as you please, looking better than ever. Yay!

The Cool wrote: »
    Kitty has returned! Landed back to the house casual as you please, looking better than ever. Yay!

That's excellent news! :D

watch he may leave again, remember what I said before about the 2 cats that found a new home

in any case all is ok :)

Thanks so much to everyone for their help, so relieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

aww thats great that he came back. such a gorge kitty as well. so happy endings for all 3 boardsies cats. maybe they decided they would have there own little meet up over new years and lost track off time!! haha.. little rascals!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good stuff, remember to update Lost/found thread too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement