Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to find window insulation film?!?

• 30-12-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

i have googled everything and can't find anywhere that sells window insulation film, the type you shrink with a hairdryer. all i find is English websites, either ebay or amazon, and they are all out of stock. surely there is an irish store somewhere that sells it?
    help! thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

2dsrabl wrote: »
    i have googled everything and can't find anywhere that sells window insulation film, the type you shrink with a hairdryer. all i find is English websites, either ebay or amazon, and they are all out of stock. surely there is an irish store somewhere that sells it?
    help! thanks.

3M sell specific window glass films that are used for sound insulation,thermal insulation and also for privicy aswell.

Used for both private and domestic houses/buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

2dsrabl wrote: »
    help! thanks.

http://www.adverts.ie/384671 might do your job........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

http://www.adverts.ie/384671 might do your job........

Good round about way of the seller saying,that they are sh!te and he cant sell them,as no one wants them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

I saw that stuff in either Atlantic Homecare or Homebase last week in Limerick. I was in both places the same day but im fairly sure it was in Altantic Homecare.

I remember seeing it cause I hadnt seen it before so i had a look at the back of the box to see exactly what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Saw the stuff today in Woodies and it is made by an Irish company based in Dundalk.

http://www.exitex.com/index.htm

I've attached a pic I took with my phone. Think each pack was priced at about €12 and there is a 20% sale on at the moment.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Munster Sports Nutrition

The film used is Polyolefin which is used in the main in the packaging industry, it has been adopted by firms to use as window shrink film and sold in packs with double sided tape. The mark-up these firms charge is massive, I purchase it on massive rolls for less than 10c per sq.mtr yet they charge €10-12 for 5 sq.mtrs.

I've sold loads of it on ebay simply together with double sided tape, most of my orders are from the UK so even with postage it works out cheaper for them.

Advertisement