Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PK and the pointless Tina Leonard

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So - essentially your complaint is that she has bit of banter with Pat. Terrible altogether. Given that she provides actual answers to actual questions, this fixation with her conversational style seems mightly shallow stuff. I'll stick with the substance cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

alastair wrote: »
    So - essentially your complaint is that she has bit of banter with Pat. Terrible altogether. Given that she provides actual answers to actual questions, this fixation with her conversational style seems mightly shallow stuff. I'll stick with the substance cheers.

alastair you have left many questions that have been put to you here unanswered.

your repeated fanatical rants are growing tiresome.

try engaging with the actual points being made and please do clarify the basis for your bias.

as it is you are merely becoming a source of much merriment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You seem a bit obsessed with Tina tbh.

I'm sorry but you're the one here defending her.

Pot kettle etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Whether she's good or not, she sure talks fast, it's as if there's someone beside her with a stopwatch .... "OK Tina you've 30 secs to say this, ready, steady .... GO!" and off she gallops! :D

Sadly PK's travel expert Eoghan Corry has the same problem, only worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tina is in the RTE "clique" now. She doesn't even bother to answer some of the questions adequately.

Perhaps RTE sees consumer issues as part of it's public service remit, otherwise I can't see any reason for so much attention to these issues.

Barname wrote: »
    alastair you have left many questions that have been put to you here unanswered.

That's right. Because I choose not to.
    Barname wrote: »
    your repeated fanatical rants are growing tiresome.

try engaging with the actual points being made and please do clarify the basis for your bias.

as it is you are merely becoming a source of much merriment

I'm not the one ranting. I'm simply pointing to the fact that no-one has presented a single instance of Tina providing incorrect advice. The worst that's been suggested is that she engages in (apparently) 'unprofessional' banter with Pat, rather than act as some sort of advice vending robot. That's it as far as 'actual points' go - the rest is just either: A - misinformation being passed off as fact, or B - entirely subjective opinion with no actual grounds to support it (I don't 'feel' she's reliable). Not much to engage with there (bar the misinformation, which I've hopefully clarified).

Glad you're easily amused though.

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you're the one here defending her.

Pot kettle etc

Not quite. I'm defending the truth of the matter against a mixture of waffle and erroneous bull****. No-one has produced an ounce of evidence to support their case. No-one's stopping you from doing so, if you think you've more than name calling at your disposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its Tinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! VHI chat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus does she ever intend to tell us what these bloody plans ARE or mean or is this section of the show exclusivly for the half the country that already know ?

this is like listening to a fecking physics or applied maths lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Consumer affairs makes for deathly dull radio. It's so case-specific, that unless the issue under discussion is front and centre on your own agenda, it's just a major turn-off. Plus, with health insurance, you have magical combo of figures and letters. Yawn... Internets, people...

jesus does she ever intend to tell us what these bloody plans ARE or mean or is this section of the show exclusivly for the half the country that already know ?

this is like listening to a fecking physics or applied maths lecture.

Jeez - 'just the facts' and she's damned too. I'd have thought that most people know what plan they're on (pretty much everyone is on 'B').

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tina: "Well Myles, this is gonna really annoy VHI customers, as it means a big increases in their premiums"....

I got that from the headlines Tina, thanks very much... Not great again from Tina today.. Good advice on using the website that compares the packages from the insurance providers, but she was not able to correct Myles' mistake on the Plan A and Plan B (VHI) supposedly being the "Rolls Royce" packages which I think you would have reasonably expected an "expert" to do....

... but she was not able to correct Myles' mistake on the Plan A and Plan B (VHI) supposedly being the "Rolls Royce" packages which I think you would have reasonably expected an "expert" to do....

You sure about that? Someone corrected him after all.

Jeez - 'just the facts' and she's damned too. I'd have thought that most people know what plan they're on (pretty much everyone is on 'B').

everyone ?

must be news to the half the country that dont HAVE health insurance and might like to know WTF theyre talkling about.

but im sure the light shining out tinas arse has blinded you to such facts.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You sure about that? Someone corrected him after all.

I'm positive. Myles said it was a texter who informed him, and it was at least five minutes after he had made the initial mistake.. I was actually waiting for Tina to confirm or deny his assertion that VHI Plan A and Plan B were "Rolls Royce" plans when he said it (as Myles himself sounded unsure), but alas Tina stayed silent...

I dont like to keep knocking the girl, but she surely would have been expected to know this basic stuff..

• Advertisement

Well, the same light must have blinded you to the requirement of being a VHI customer to give a damn what the plan designators mean. If you're a VHI punter, you'll typically know what your plan is.

I'm positive. Myles said it was a texter who informed him, and it was at least five minutes after he had made the initial mistake.. I was actually waiting for Tina to confirm or deny his assertion that VHI Plan A and Plan B were "Rolls Royce" plans when he said it (as Myles himself sounded unsure), but alas Tina stayed silent...

I dont like to keep knocking the girl, but she surely would have been expected to know this basic stuff..

I missed the texter bit tbh. It doesn't mean Tina isn't aware which plans are which though - she might just have not being paying attention to Myles at the time. He did say they had landed her with the story at short notice, so her focus could have been on whatever papers she was referring to.

and here i thought the national broadcaster had a duty to inform EVERYONE as to whats going on.

not to baffle half the country with gobbldlygook.

you know, on the OFF chance they might actually want to take up insurance for the first time themselves ?

the only discernable fact i took from that interview was theres a 15% increase which we all bloody knew from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Srsly Alastair... Do you work for Tina?

and here i thought the national broadcaster had a duty to inform EVERYONE as to whats going on.

not to baffle half the country with gobbldlygook.

you know, on the OFF chance they might actually want to take up insurance for the first time themselves ?

the only discernable fact i took from that interview was theres a 15% increase which we all bloody knew from the start.

You're not too attentive then, are you? Because the fact that 40% of VHI punters will be paying above that was flagged pretty clearly.

• Advertisement

Srsly Alastair... Do you work for Tina?

Yeah. I'm in the same fictional quango. Thanks for your taxpayer dollars!

You're not too attentive then, are you? Because the fact that 40% of VHI punters will be paying above that was flagged pretty clearly.

must have missed that with the appalling interview consisting of mass gobbledygook.

woefull woefull stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Tina: "Well Myles, this is gonna really annoy VHI customers, as it means a big increases in their premiums"....

Good advice on using the website that compares the packages from the insurance providers,

The only other piece of advice she offered was asking for the VHI corporate plan, she didn't even credit Charlie Weston, the one who made this common knowledge.

Poly wrote: »
    The only other piece of advice she offered was asking for the VHI corporate plan, she didn't even credit Charlie Weston, the one who made this common knowledge.

It was Dermot Goode who made this common knowledge - well before Charlie Weston wrote his piece. He's got no copyright to the info, and Tina has covered the same ground before now.

Some of the earliest media coverage of the corporate schemes:
    http://www.munster-express.ie/business/money-times/time-for-health-insurance-members-to-fight-back/
    http://www.anglocelt.ie/opinion/columnists/articles/2010/01/14/3993977-moneytimes-with-jill-kerby

It's as if you over-reached with your claims of 'gobbledygook'. To the point that you're prepared to pass yourself off as barely sentient. That's some trick alright.

thats strange.

cause from my point of view it looks like your just talking out your arse about what "everyone" thinks or knows, without actually realising its just your opinion.

thats strange.

cause from my point of view it looks like your just talking out your arse about what "everyone" thinks or knows, without actually realising its just your opinion.

Lets put it this way - you're the only one here who managed to miss the clear info that 15% was the minimum increase for VHI - unless anyone else was so confused by the discussion that they have failed to speak up? So far you're on your own, I'm afraid.

And it's not my 'opinion' that the info was broadcast - it's a matter of fact - a fact that seemingly flew over your head - but one all the same.

Lets put it this way - you're the only one here who managed to miss the clear info that 15% was the minimum increase for VHI - unless anyone else was so confused by the discussion that they have failed to speak up? So far you're on your own, I'm afraid.

And it's not my 'opinion' that the info was broadcast - it's a matter of fact - a fact that seemingly flew over your head - but one all the same.

so now "everyone " is now everyone on the thread ?

BIG difference between that and the country alastair, you might want to be more specific when you go off on one about what "everyone " knows .

and you seem to have missed that my statment on your "opinion" was in relation to your staggering ability to speak for the whole country and know everyone is on plan b (despite, once again, half the country being on no plan at all) without any bloody proof at all.

hate to break this to you, but the ONLY person you speak for is yourself.

so now "everyone " is now everyone on the thread ?

BIG difference between that and the country alastair, you might want to be more specific when you go off on one about what "everyone " knows .

and you seem to have missed that my statment on your "opinion" was in relation to your staggering ability to speak for the whole country and know everyone is on plan b (despite, once again, half the country being on no plan at all) without any bloody proof at all.

hate to break this to you, but the ONLY person you speak for is yourself.

eh..

the one and only person bringing up 'everyone in the country' would be...

you.

Straw man fail.

whats this then?

Everyone else seems to have managed to comprehend what was said. Strange that.

and this.

• Advertisement

whats this then?

A reasonable suggestion that VHI punters know what plan they buy. Nothing to do with 'everyone in the country'.

Sorry.

and this.

A reference to the issue of you being the only one on this thread to have failed to grasp that 15% was the best news if you're a VHI punter.

Sorry - still nothing about 'everyone in the country'. But keep digging that hole.

A reasonable suggestion that VHI punters know what plan they buy. Nothing to do with 'everyone in the country'.

Sorry.

no problem.

guess im just a stickler for wording now thanks to politics.ie.

i forget how much more relaxed it is here.

Nothing to do with being relaxed. Everything to do with not transcribing your own narrative on to what people post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

alastair and constitutionus banned for 3 days for dragging the thread off topic and engaging in a pointless argument on thread.

Thread CLOSED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement