Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards / Credit Rating

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum..

It's a query re Credit Cards - Is your credit rating affected if you make payments on time but still have an outstanding balance at the end of the month?

Say I owed 1000 on my credit card and at the end of the month the minimum to pay back was 150.

If I paid the 150 on time would it affect my credit rating because of the outstanding 850?

Is Credit rating only affected if you miss a payment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

PopTarts wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum..

It's a query re Credit Cards - Is your credit rating affected if you make payments on time but still have an outstanding balance at the end of the month?

Say I owed 1000 on my credit card and at the end of the month the minimum to pay back was 150.

If I paid the 150 on time would it affect my credit rating because of the outstanding 850?

Is Credit rating only affected if you miss a payment?

Thanks

As long as you make your payments (minimum payment) then your credit rating won't be effected at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

you just need to pay at least the minimum payment due on your bill so as there is no adverse effect on credit rating.

Advertisement