Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding Fine

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have a question regarding driving in WA and getting caught speeding.

If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, and aren't named on the insurance document as a driver of the vehicle and get caught by a speed camera what are the procedures for paying the fine and the demerit points associated with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

RedNiamhy wrote: »
    I have a question regarding driving in WA and getting caught speeding.

If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, and aren't named on the insurance document as a driver of the vehicle and get caught by a speed camera what are the procedures for paying the fine and the demerit points associated with this?

If it was camera.

If its like Vic the registered owner will recieve the infringement. They will cop the fine + demerit pionts unless they nominate the driver at the time and the driver (at the time) signs the infringement.

PM me if you want to go into details.

If its WAPOL that issued the ticket they would have got details roadside.

Advertisement