Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6700C Memory Card Locked

Options
  • 30-12-2010 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I took my sim card out of my phone last night (Nokia 6700 Classic) to put in another older phone for a few minutes last night. Upon putting the sim back into the 6700, I noticed the contents of the entire phones memory had been wiped., right down to themes, ring tones, applications etc all gone.

Blood pressure rising, I tried restoring the factory settings to see if I could at least get the phone back to a useable point. No joy, infact it only made things worse as that procedure locked the 1GB memory card that came with the phone :mad: There was no password on it before, so I'm baffled as to what it could be :confused:

Last resort was a firmware upgrade, so I used the Nokia updater to bring the phone up to the latest firmware which thankfully restored the phones content...but no joy on the memory card :( Is there anything I can do to even format the card? My pc's card reader won't recognise the card, & accessing it in a digital camera just locks the camera up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does it work ok now in the phone? Does it ask for a password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Davy wrote: »
    Does it work ok now in the phone? Does it ask for a password

It's recognised in my phone alright, but there's a padlock symbol next to it. Trying to access it only brings up a password box, as does trying to delete/format/rename etc. I don't care about the content on the card as such, but I'd like to salvage the card itself if possible.

Have you tired entering a password, four zeros is often default

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep tried 0000 & 12345, along with my current security code etc. Tried hotswapping it at the formatting prompt with several tools, two digital camera's, a Wii, a PS3 & two other phones :(

I seen something online about it being connected to a remote locking feature in the sim card, and it's the first 8 digits of such a code. I don't think it's worth the effort really at this point given how cheap they are...just p1ssed me off because the phone broke it & not me! :rolleyes::pac:

Ye its strange one, but the fact its only a 1GB card its not to bad, if it was 32gb now that would hurt. Im sure someone could sort it though with the right tool

• Advertisement
Advertisement