Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch menu

• 30-12-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Kinda getting bored of hanging around the house during the break so was wondering can anyone recommend a good lunch lunch somewhere. It would have to be less than an hours drive and be capable of harnassing a 8 month old boy!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Only know places in town so gonna say Revolution in John Street, they have a great lunch menu, food is nice aswell.
    http://revolutionwaterford.com/index.php/food-at-revolution/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paddy Browns Pub on Paddy Browns Road do lovely lunches, not badly priced either.

Closer to the town.. Subway? :P Kazbar is always nice. There are a couple of Cafes around by the Kazbar which are good.

If you want to pop out to Tramore, the likes of the Sea Horse, The Esquire and The Vee Bistro do great lunches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is Paddy Brownes still worth a shout then? I havent been there for food in years! used to go there regularly for Sunday Lunch when i was a child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

http://www.tannery.ie/contact_us.html

2nd to none in this area for food..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kryogen wrote: »
    Is Paddy Brownes still worth a shout then? I havent been there for food in years! used to go there regularly for Sunday Lunch when i was a child

I think so anyway, used to be up there more frequently when in college but went up the other day to see how it was - gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gingerman is best in town IMO.

The newly opened holy cross is also well worth a look.

ziedth wrote: »
    Gingerman is best in town IMO.

The newly opened holy cross is also well worth a look.

+1 for the Gingerman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi All,

Kinda getting bored of hanging around the house during the break so was wondering can anyone recommend a good lunch lunch somewhere. It would have to be less than an hours drive and be capable of harnassing a 8 month old boy!

Thanks!

Beckett's is a great spot for grub

Gingerman is very good, their steak sandwich is the best in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

the cove bar best in town for grub atm imo

might I recommend the cajun gougons absolutely delicious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

While the gingerman does nice food I don't think it's a nice place to eat. Shaky tables etc, and that's if you get one in there. Love a burger out of revolution, the steak in half way house is very nice(suggesting that prob rules out my argument on shaky tables in the gingerman). Been a while since I've been but kazbar did nice food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Sully wrote: »
    Paddy Browns Pub on Paddy Browns Road do lovely lunches, not badly priced either.

Closer to the town.. Subway? :P Kazbar is always nice. There are a couple of Cafes around by the Kazbar which are good.

If you want to pop out to Tramore, the likes of the Sea Horse, The Esquire and The Vee Bistro do great lunches.

I have never been to paddys browns pub because I heard thats its very rough, however I have heard that the food is good a few times so may be tempted, what type of of food is it,cavery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Mansion House. Pepper Steak Pie FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Nice pub in Kilmeaden at the end of the village on the left heading for dungarvan, can't think of the name. Good grub and good value

I have never been to paddys browns pub because I heard thats its very rough, however I have heard that the food is good a few times so may be tempted, what type of of food is it,cavery?

Not rough during lunchtime anyway. Its a carvery, but a fantastic one at that. They do panninis and sandwidches (toasted) and some nice deserts also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Big Lar wrote: »
    Nice pub in Kilmeaden at the end of the village on the left heading for dungarvan, can't think of the name. Good grub and good value

O'Donnachas would be the name of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Sully wrote: »
    Not rough during lunchtime anyway. Its a carvery, but a fantastic one at that. They do panninis and sandwidches (toasted) and some nice deserts also.

would it be open today and whats it like for soccer matches, also whats it like inside, is it an old pub or is it done up modern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

would it be open today and whats it like for soccer matches, also whats it like inside, is it an old pub or is it done up modern

Yes they are open today,doing food till 3pm,and for football matches its like any other pub,they have 3D matches there also,its kinda like an old pub done up modern.Paddy's is Paddy's im from Larchville and its my local and i have drank in there for donkeys years,its not what it used to be but it will always be Paddy's to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah if you're looking for a "nice" pub, Paddy Brown's is not the spot for you. But if you're not too fussy, I've had the food recommended on a good few occasions.

Advertisement