Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else ever realise they're a snob???

• 30-12-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Ok,

So I was just in the Square in Tallaght. I was on a packed escalater and just ahead of me was a group of young fellas pushing and shoving, I was thinking "****ing skanger scumbags, messing on an escalator". It was only when we got to the top of the escalator that I realised what had happened; an elderly man's shopping bag had broken and he fell backwards, the young fellas caught him and held him up and when they got to the top, they retreived his hat, took all their own shopping outta their bags and put his in the bag, gave him the shopping and asked him if he wanted to go to McDonalds for a cup of sugary tea as he looked a bit shaken. I felt like a real snob for thinking they were scum just for wearing baseball caps and tracksuits when, in fact, they in all likelihood saved his life (he was very elderly and didn't look like a fall would have turned out well for him). So just wondering if any of you have seen things that made you realise you're a bit of a snob?

Curlzy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

They probably mugged his wallet in the process. Nice caring scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They stole his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I have a friend called Robert who is a snob.

We call him Snobert :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2dsrabl

i'm a total snob. when stuff like that happens, ya you feel like a jerk, but more often than not, you're not wrong so screw it. it's not like you said anything or treated them like crap. it was just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

the fact that im a southsider makes me a snob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

In fairness, 99% of the time, they would probably acting the dick.
    Doesnt really make you a snob...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

LOL, go AH, hilarious responses! So it's not really snobbery to judge people based on their looks because the judgements are usually true????:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Guaranteed one of those scumbags stuck his finger in and around that old man's arse as he was falling, guaranteed with scumbags, they're mad for a bit of old leather chocolate arse stars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Guaranteed one of those scumbags stuck his finger in and around that old man's arse as he was falling, guaranteed with scumbags, they're mad for a bit of old leather chocolate arse stars!

I understand that the mandatory punishment for that kind of assault is the amputation of both arms.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I understand that the mandatory punishment for that kind of assault is amputation of both arms.

Get a better username so I can retort with a witty observation involving said username... wait I got one, I ejmazteced on your mother's vagina last night. *Zing* :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm a culchie so I can't be a snob.

Ye c*nts.

Get a better username so I can retort with a witty observation involving said username... wait I got one, I ejmazteced on your mother's vagina last night. *Zing* :cool:

I forgot to mention that you have to imagine that this statement would be coming from someone who is dyslexic, makes it a lot funnier that way. :cool:

I'm not into necrophilia myself, but you obviously think it's a bit of armless fun.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm not into necrophilia myself, but you obviously think it's a bit of armless fun.

If you are being serious in this post then I apologize obviously for being unaware but if you are joking then you might have taken the joking exchange too far, or maybe I have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

.. they're mad for a bit of old leather chocolate arse stars!

Flutt would be proud.

If you are being serious in this post then I apologize obviously for being unaware but if you are joking then you might have taken the joking exchange too far, or maybe I have

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Retail sales job I had -I Would look at poor looking people looking at expensive things, never thought they could afford it but they odd time the peasent could afford it and I'd feel like a d!ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was reaised to be a snob. I will look down on people for many a reason.

Probably not a good thing, but tis who I am!

amazing you look down on people when you can't spell raised

• Advertisement

I see you look down on people with learning difficulties then.

i doubt very much you have learning difficulties tbh i look down on snobs ive no time for them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

i doubt very much you have learning difficulties tbh i look down on snobs ive no time for them:D

Play nice children!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

We don't take kindly to folks that don't take kindly 'round here.:D

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Play nice children!
    *throws teenage strop*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I used to be full of myself - but now I'm perfect. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The only difficulty I normally detect in your posts is how fucking excruciating they are to read.

stovelid wrote: »
    The only difficulty I normally detect in your posts is how fucking excruciating they are to read.

*cries into pillow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

*cries into pillow*

Makes a change from biting it?

• Advertisement

If you don't like me ignore me then. No need to be unesseceraly mean.

I'm done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Someone accused me of being a snob once.
    I nearly choked on my skinny latte.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Can culchies be snobs? if so...i can be a snob a times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Your purple prose tweets posts are hardly the work of a wordsmith, despite the obvious effort for them to appear so.

People in glass houses and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

curlzy wrote: »
    Ok,

So I was just in the Square in Tallaght. I was on a packed escalater and just ahead of me was a group of young fellas pushing and shoving, I was thinking "****ing skanger scumbags, messing on an escalator". It was only when we got to the top of the escalator that I realised what had happened; an elderly man's shopping bag had broken and he fell backwards, the young fellas caught him and held him upside down and when they got to the top, they retreived his hat, took all their own shopping outta their bags and put his in the bag, gave him the shopping and asked him if he wanted to go to McDonalds for a cup of sugary tea as he looked a bit shaken. I felt like a real snob for thinking they were scum just for wearing baseball caps and tracksuits when, in fact, they in all likelihood saved his life (he was very elderly and didn't look like a fall would have turned out well for him). So just wondering if any of you have seen things that made you realise you're a bit of a snob?

Curlzy.
    The guy sounds like a con artist. Good move though, might try that one myself:p
    Shaken not stirred!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm better than all you snobs.

Nope, i can be a snob myself sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You best watch your manners or you will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I look down on people who buy these 'pro-biotic' yoghurt drinks.

kowloon wrote: »
    I look down on people who buy these 'pro-biotic' yoghurt drinks.

Is that because you usually find them lying in the gutter vomiting their intestines into the drain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Had my Telescope in the front yard looking at the planet Saturn with the hall door open behind me. Two skanger heads appear over the gate asking what I am doing. I tell them and they say, "giz a look will ye". In my head I am thinking, "Ah bollix, WTF am I going to do now, these knacks are going to at best wreck my expensive telescope and at worst beat the ****e out of me and burgle the house. I made up some BS about closing the halldoor so that the dogs wouldn't come out and go for them not telling them that the three dogs were west highland terriors and a shihtsu and not Staffies or Rotties :D

Now these lads weren't some young lads in tracksuits that I mistook for skangers, they were proper skangers but they had a look, asked me loads of questions about the planets and stars and how the telescope worked and told me "tha was fookin deadly". Even offered me some gange as a thankyou when they were leaving.

I felt like a proper snobish bollix after they left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ok,

So I was just in the Square in Tallaght. I was on a packed escalater and just ahead of me was a group of young fellas pushing and shoving, I was thinking "****ing skanger scumbags, messing on an escalator". It was only when we got to the top of the escalator that I realised what had happened; an elderly man's shopping bag had broken and he fell backwards, the young fellas caught him and held him up and when they got to the top, they retreived his hat, took all their own shopping outta their bags and put his in the bag, gave him the shopping and asked him if he wanted to go to McDonalds for a cup of sugary tea as he looked a bit shaken. I felt like a real snob for thinking they were scum just for wearing baseball caps and tracksuits when, in fact, they in all likelihood saved his life (he was very elderly and didn't look like a fall would have turned out well for him). So just wondering if any of you have seen things that made you realise you're a bit of a snob?

Curlzy.

I believe you made this story up to make a threadworthy point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Everyone is a c**t as far as I'm concerned

orourkeda wrote: »
    Everyone is a c**t as far as I'm concerned

yourself included???

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

You best watch your manners or you will be banned.

aiy, dont mess with Micky the Mod. he means business!!

the mods gave out to me one day when i said something but i was only joking. :(
    my favourite mod is probably OisinT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

the mods gave out to me one day when i said something but i was only joking. :(
    my favourite mod is probably OisinT.

I think I might be a snob.
    I imagine the Mods here have no life. That they are like the little fart of a security guard in Boots. You know, the one who hassles people just because hes in a position where he can. But really he is a pathetic little idiot, with nothing better to occupy him.

Wait, I know several of the mods from boards in person. One of them isnt like that.
    OR maybe im just a mod snob. Thats it.

Where can i meet the mods?
    Do they ever have meet and greets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

I am a snob but I wish this could change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Where can i meet the mods?
    Do they ever have meet and greets?

Be careful. They are everywhere. They may be sitting beside you at work :)
    I work with one of them. They dont even know that we all read what they are wasting their time on all day when they should be working :)
    Ive met a few at boards beers.
    I even ended up sitting beside one in stephens green on a bench. We could tell they were a mod because they were talking about it to their friend.
    Scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I'm a bit of a reverse snob sometimes. If I see some white, middle-class guy in an Abercrombie t-shirt I often think "wanker" before getting to know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I felt like a real snob for thinking they were scum just for wearing baseball caps and tracksuits when, in fact, they in all likelihood saved his life
    I don't see this as being necessarily snobby, you were prejudging then and I think prejuding is a totally normal & sensible think to do though some people treat "prejudiced" like a dirty word.

In many instances I am prejudiced myself and consider it perfectly normal and sensible way to be. I offered help to several old men & old women during the snow who appearred to be having trouble crossing over piles of snow near the road, I am not ashamed for my presumptions that they may have needed help when some politely declined.

If I saw a 3 "gentlemen" in top hats & tails with monocles and one took a dump on the side of the road I would not go off ashamed thinking I am an "anti-snob" or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement