Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options
  • 30-12-2010 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone. As you may know I had another log a short while ago,which needless to say was less than profitable.
    I'm starting this new one with a different train of thought. I started to get sloppy,posting picks for the sake of it,looking at races I never would usually.
    I don't do a huge amount of bets during the NH season unless I really fancy something or see a horse that I think is value. I do a few bets at Meydan or the Dubai Carnival during the winter. I also have a tendency to talk ****e when bored and post links.Small stakes mostly,and might have 1 or 2 ante post bets. Won't be using points,they annoy me,I'll use straight numbers.

First one is small stake at Meydan
    5.30 Meydan Royaaty 12/1 5 each way
    Just to set the ball rolling. Won't use huge stakes at Meydan,form can be hard to judge but value to be had. An unexposed type who won a maiden for Godolphin first time out last year,clear by 13 lenghts with a Gosden odds on horse who won it's maiden by 8 but not seen since. Had one start over in the Middle East,finishing second in a handicap. Off a mark of 90 and still unexposed,worth a small each way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Can't wait to see Mikael D'Haguenet's race now,the next big thing in my opinion.

Off to a winning start.
    Profit:75 euro

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Great start G.

Thanks Pyro,I hope it hasn't peaked too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Super pick greetings. Keep it up.

• Advertisement

Thanks,couldn't get a look at any today,in Dublin going to Florida in the morning so there may or may not be picks for the next week,depending on if there's wireless in the hotel and how much time I spend there. Can't post a pick now cos I don't know how to work two tabs on this timed computer and oddschecker is blocked. I was going to post Reve De Sivola in the novice chase at Cheltenham but since I can't look at anybody's form or anything I won't.

Putting one up for tomorrow.
    Lingfield 1.45 Zakeeta 5.4
    Going to take this betfair price at the minute because I probably won't be on in time in the morning to check a price due to the time difference here and I think it's quite high for a horse who has quite a good chance. Only it's 4th race over hurdles,she won her first 2 races in October before attempting a grade 2 at Cheltenham in November,finishing eighth.That race was over 2 miles and don't think it suited her and stepping back up to 2 miles 3 should suit her better tomorrow. Should be fresh from a decent run in a maiden on the flat 3 weeks ago where she finished third over a trip of 12 furlongs. This looks a weak race tomorrow and she's at the bottom of the weights due to her receiving a fillies' allowance and only being 3 years old.
    Stake:10 euro
    Profit including stake:65 euro

****,forgot I can't bet from the US. I'll get one of the lads to do the bet for me.

I'm going here for dinner in a bit,I'm starving,such a feed you get over here.

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/

What a feed,I was stuffed all evening.
    That horse is huge,gone to 7/1 in places,I'm gonna add another 5 euro each way.

• Advertisement

Gonna do another small bet at Cork today on
    Tarrawarra 3.15 cork 5 each way 16/1
    Will probably be won by the odds on favourite here but think this lad can run into a place. Has been placed in his last two points and has ran in December so will be fit,compared to some of the others. Comes from a good stable and has a good jock on in the form of Andrew McNamara. If the favourite falls again,like last time,he could be in with a shout. It's a beginner's steeplechase and the favourite's jumping didn't seem to be the best last time,but if it stays on it's feet it probably will win.
    Profit including stake:45 euro

Zakeel was pure useless

Tarrawarra places.
    Profit:65 euro

Bad racing today. Just going to do
    Talent Scout 4.35 Wolverhampton 20/1 5 each way
    A horse I backed when it won the time before last over an extended seven. This is two furlongs more and it couldn't follow up as favourite last time out as favourite over this distance and I hope the trip isn't slightly too long for him,but 20/1 seems huge due to it's last race where he was only beaten about 4 lengths having hung left.
    Profit after stake;55

Haha,won by the rank outsider. Ah well.

Gonna do a small double on American sports for tonight
    NCAA Orange Bowl:Virginia Tech 10/7
    NBA: Miami Heat-9 vs Charlotte Bobcats 10/11

Virginia are ranked 9 places lower than Stanford and are 0-22 away from home against top 5 teams but Stanford could be rocked by the news that their coach who is their most successful of all time will probably be leaving them. Virginia started 0-2 and are on an 11 game win streak since. Stanford aren't used to winning much and they have a fantastic QB(don't ask me his name) but Virgina are 3rd in interceptions and their defensive line are the most explosive and quick that stanford will have come up against. They're on their 7th consecutive season of winning 10+ games(4th highest in the modern era) and could win tonight I think.

Heat look near certainties tonight. Bosh,Wade and LeBron have averaged something like 21 ppg combined playing Charlotte and should take this nicely.

Stake 15 euro
    Profit after stake:41 euro

(I miscalculated earlier,I got 21 back off the horse placing,not 20)

Two horse bets for tomorrow.
    Firstly
    Abondanza 12.40 Southwell 5.7 Betfair 10 euro
    Again taking the BF price as I won't get to see in the morning. Not much reasoning here,the horse acts on the surface and Nicholls' horses always go well in claimers. Favourite looks the obvious danger but he represents good value here.

Six of Clubs 2.40 Southwell 3.5 20 euro
    Up three pounds for a win over 2 miles at this track a few weeks ago. Dropped 2 furlongs in trip but not a harsh penalty at all. Kieran Fox aboard like last time and the second has franked the form since,and should go well.

Profits including bets:11 euro

I'm going to Universal Studios in the morning,cant' wait.

Miami part of the double comes in. This NCAA match is close,my team can't defend for their lives.

God Virginia's defence is brutal. They can't make any yards rushing and then throw an interception. Stanford make a 98 yard score in two plays

Aw now I can kiss that bet goodbye,another Sanford TD. Virginia's defence has been ripped apart

• Advertisement

Abondanza loses,here's hoping on the other fella.

No winners today.

I'm tired,so not much reasoning on
    Daldini 1.40 Southwell 4 euro place at 4,7 win at 15.5
    Dangerously well handicapped. Out of form of late and has a bit to prove since pulling up last time out in November but is down 15 pounds following his course and distance win early last year and on these weights could well return to form

Algris 6.05 Kempton 4.2 20 euro
    Weakest race of the centuery. Showed nothing over short trips in maidens but stepped up now(related to a few hurdles winners) and Sir Mark is infamous for getting the best out of his horses sent handicapping.
    Profit after bet:-20

greetings wrote: »
    I'm tired,so not much reasoning on
    Daldini 1.40 Southwell 4 euro place at 4,7 win at 15.5
    Dangerously well handicapped. Out of form of late and has a bit to prove since pulling up last time out in November but is down 15 pounds following his course and distance win early last year and on these weights could well return to form
    Fourth,missing out on a place. If he's dropped another few pounds should go close soon.
    Algris is the best backed horse of the day,hope the betting is right.

Loser. Into the minus.

Gonna watch basketball tonight
    LA LAKERS -4 v Phoenix
    Lakers are 8 and a half games ahead of Phoenix and even though their away,I'd fancy them on the spread.Suns are averaging 106 ppg (3rd in the league) but other stats arent great. 29th in points allowed and you cant allow that against the lakers with Bryant and Paul Gasol in good form.They blew the pistons out of the water the other night and can win again here.
    Stake:33
    Balance after bet:-53

Haha this is on all of the American news,how class is this fella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cl_fMxQCTw

Playfellow 4.50 Meydan 9/1
    Looks a very good horse. As a two year old ran 3rd in the Champagne stakes for Michael Jarvis behind Westphalia and Zacinto,that's very good form. Won a listed race before his comeback run this year and probably needed it. Off a mark of 100 here and could go very well.

Stake:1o each way
    Balance including stake:-73

Edit

• Advertisement

God Gasol is playing awful. Lamar fouling like there's no tomorrow. Ron and Kobe coming abck in now.

Advertisement