Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Detroit are getting no rebounds at all,could be killer. Nice 3 by Tayshaun.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Atouchbetweenacara 3.15 Haydock 20/1 Saturday
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:219.58

Reasoning to come this evening.
    Buxton finishes strongly but only comes about 6th,handicapper did a good job,only about 3 lengths covered the front crowd.
    One for tomorrow on the Theystes (copied this from a post I made in the horse racing sub section of the gambling forum)
    Smoking Aces 2.45 Gowran Park 20/1
    Smoking Aces at 20/1. Gets in here with a rating of 119 but hasn't been great over fences as he's been racing over about 2 and a half miles. This trip more for him and what a feather weight. Was rated 138 when running a nice race to come 6th in the Pertemps last year. The ground shouldn't be a worry for him. I can't ignore a 20 odd pound difference in weights over hurdles and what hasn't been optimum trips for him over fences. Hope he gets in now,currently the second reserve. Other fancy is Alpha Ridgeand might go for him if my lad doesn't get into the race.
    Profit:189.58
    This from the NBA thread. Gonna go for the Double above.
    Stake:30
    Profit:159.58

B-ball bet loses.
    Haydock and Gowran abandoned.
    Profit:199.58

Walkon 2.55 Ascot 12/1
    Dangerous to oppose the favourite and pyro's selection here but I think the value is well gone,and you can still get three places 1/4 the odds so I'll go for King's horse here. Like Crack Away Jack he's been off for well over a year,last seen in the 09 Aintree meeting when winning a grade 1 novice hurdle very well.Question for me is the distance of 2mile 3 but has won a grade 2 novice on heavy over 2 furlongs less. Only 2 defeats over hurdles came to Zaynar,one when favourite for the Triumph and the other a small novice hurdle at Huntingdon. Has two novice grade 1 wins though and I'm hoping that he'll go well fresh and retains some of his ability following.He severed a tendon in the last race he won and King is quoted that he'll be rusty and in need of a run. However,at 12/1 I think it's worth a punt. A quality horse who could well have a lot more to give. First preference was the CH trial at Haydock but with that gone off the radar he comes here carrying 11-10 rated 148,this horse could be on the 160+ side at the end of the season so I'll take a chance on what is no question a great horse.
    Bal:169.58

Victor Chandler top price on every horse in Crack Away Jack's race if anyone fancies any of the runners.

Two Kisses 1.15 Ascot 16/1
    Forgot about this one. Not expecting too much and wouldn't really advise too many to back it but won me a bit in the summer and a real genuine horse. Was third in a listed hurdle the run before last which was won by a 200/1 shot and was well held in a grade 2 last time,well behind today's favourite. Could still get a place but as I said real genuine and always runs its best.
    Stake:5 each way
    Profit:159.58

• Advertisement

As expected the favourite won,but Two Kisses ran well to come second. Small profit.
    Profit:181.58

Symphonick 4.00 Wincanton 11/2
    This doesn't look the strongest of novice chases and looks fairly wide open with it been 3/1 the field. I'm going for Paul Nicholls' horse here. Out of form but that won't last forever the stable. Had 2 starts in France,winning one chase. Was going well enough on its British debut last week before unseating 4 out. Sent out quickly after over 5 furlongs further.On the drift here but still very unexposed and only a 5 year old.Hard to judge past form but could be a good bet at a biggish price.
    Stake:40
    Profit:141.58

Wee bit of money for Crack Away Jack. 18/1 into 14/1. Looking forward to watching the race more than relying on a winner.

Crack Away Jack never got into the race. Disappointing.

Walkon 2.55 Ascot 12/1
    Dangerous to oppose the favourite and pyro's selection here but I think the value is well gone,and you can still get three places 1/4 the odds so I'll go for King's horse here. Like Crack Away Jack he's been off for well over a year,last seen in the 09 Aintree meeting when winning a grade 1 novice hurdle very well.Question for me is the distance of 2mile 3 but has won a grade 2 novice on heavy over 2 furlongs less. Only 2 defeats over hurdles came to Zaynar,one when favourite for the Triumph and the other a small novice hurdle at Huntingdon. Has two novice grade 1 wins though and I'm hoping that he'll go well fresh and retains some of his ability following.He severed a tendon in the last race he won and King is quoted that he'll be rusty and in need of a run. However,at 12/1 I think it's worth a punt. A quality horse who could well have a lot more to give. First preference was the CH trial at Haydock but with that gone off the radar he comes here carrying 11-10 rated 148,this horse could be on the 160+ side at the end of the season so I'll take a chance on what is no question a great horse.
    Bal:169.58

Aw my heart is beating. Absoultely bulling,came second. But what a comeback for a horse off for 660 days. That 148 rating won't be there too much longer. Beaten by the total outsider.
    Profit:201.58

• Advertisement

Safe to say Nicholls' yard is definitely out of form no matter the comments he made against it. That horse in the novice chase came nowhere.

Accum on for tonight on:
    Charlotte -2.5
    Bulls -15.5
    Over 186 in the Grizzlie and Bucks game
    Orlando -3

This is from the NBA thread.Did that bet in PP earlier on,forgot to post it here. Stake of 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Bobcats are a disaster, up by 5 at h/t down by 9 going into the 4th 1/4, hope they pull it out of the bag because i have them in a accie too.

Aw I've kissed that goodbye really,really disappointing.

I stopped watching when they were 14pts down, unbelievable fold by them.

I hate when the first part of your accum folds. Shocking stuff by Charlotte.

Celtics threw it away aswell so in a way im happy lol.

Still gonna do them to win it outright at 5's though, they have the winning mentality when it counts imo.

I'm not gonna have an outright bet,but Spurs for me at 9/1 is a good shout.

Politeo 3.50 Leopardstown 9/1
    Stake:10 each way

No reasoning yet,missed the 12/1 this morning

Arklow Ger 14.14 Leopardstown 10/1

• Advertisement

Par Five 1.10 Leopardstown 20/1

Profit:151.58

Politeo 3.50 Leopardstown 9/1

No reasoning yet,missed the 12/1 this morning

Has ran well in 3 starts this season,firstly finishing third off a mark of 113 over 2 miles with today's jock Adrian Heskin aboard in a handicap hurdle,getting beaten only 3 lengths.That was a better race than today,but the horse is 3 pounds higher,but would be more competitve today I think. Ran well over 19 furlongs second time out off a rate two pounds lower than first,finishing second (third won since off the rate of 130). Bad run at Cheltenham when pulling up off a stupid rating he was given of 123 but ran well back home then to come fifth over 3 miles in heavy going, I think that might have stretched him a bit that day but the horse is versatile ground and distance wise and hopefully can go close today.

Arklow Ger 14.14 Leopardstown 10/1

That should read 14.15
    Quite a competitive handicap chase here and a real lottery.My horse is coming in here with a rating of 118 and ran well off a mark of 116 last time out over 17 furlong to finish second in soft/heavy going in another competitive handicap chase. Kept on well that day and the step up in trip should help. Only his fourth run of the season,fell first time out before a spin over hurdles,was off for over 2 years before coming back this season and looks to have come on well,as he had been running in some nice novice chases before injury.Those two picks coming from Paul Nolan's yard who hasn't had many runners lately,but was 2/2 last weekend. Hopefully he can run a good race again today.

Don't have a huge hope for this horse but said I'd give it a go. Very good looking maiden hurdle. My choice was 3rd on its debut in what was a much weaker one won by Joe Smooth who looks a nice horse. Beaten about 9 lengths that day but a nice run for a horse who never ran in any race before,not even a bumper or point. May find it hard to trouble some of the market leaders today but a bit of progression could see him in the first couple of places and just said I'd back it because I'd kick myself if I didn't and he ran well.

Going for a short priced accum here,wouldn't bother backing it,I rather back horses at a price but I still think these represent a bit of value
    Hurricane Fly 2.45 Leopardstown 1/2
    Chamirey 15.35 Towcester 8/13
    Problems Tic 13.20 Market Rasen 8/15
    Villareal to beat Sociedad 8/15

Stake:21.58
    Profit:133

Problem Tic 1.30 MR evens
    Profit 100

Another 20 on at evens. Looks too good to be true :pac:
    Profit:80

Unsurprisingly doesn't come anywhere.
    Problem Tic 1.30 MR evens
    Profit 100
    Another 20 on at evens. Looks too good to be true :pac:
    Profit:80

Wins :cool:
    Profit:180

• Advertisement

Looking at the racing there at Leopardstown it says soft but looks very much on the good side.Shouldn't hinder any of my runners,hopefully.

Advertisement