Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haha,hopefully we can both make a few quid :D I just think that form behind Beautiful Sound could work out very well. Consistent and will get the trip,looks nice for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

That's what the dilemma was they both had form behind Beautiful sound

Not before Eight is guaranteed to stay. The other is inconsistent and looks ungenuine for me

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Not before Eight is guaranteed to stay. The other is inconsistent and looks ungenuine for me

That'll do for me, lumping on :Dwith a very small stake

That didn't go well,unseated early on.

• Advertisement

Westmeath can only manage second. Step up in trip needed big time.

Apologies for lack of a write up but don't have time.
    Darna 1.15 Ayr 3/1
    Stake:25

Darna 1.15 Ayr 3/1

Darna 1.15 Ayr 3/1

Nice one I was just in the middle of setting up a back to lay on proud times but when I read your log I changed my mind, thanks.

I actually backed that horse on the flat letyourselfgo,but didn't think it would have been up to standard today.

Back to a winner anyway,onwards and upwards hopefully.

Profit:586.51

• Advertisement

The Crafty Cuckoo 15.10 Folkestone 11/1
    Ran twice in point to points,finishing second and winning once. Hasn't ran in nearly a year but fetched 36,000 pounds at the Cheltenham sales. This 2 mile 6 looks a good distance to start out on and is a real stayer.Soft ground is no worries for him,if anything the softer the better. Joined Emma Lavelle's yard who's having a few placed runners lately and hopefully this one can win.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:566.51

Native Gallery 2.40 Folkestone 6/5
    Looks a poor maiden chase here which should really be won by one of the top two in the market. I'm sided with this one.A duel point winner who finished forth in its first race over hurdles and then a close second last time out over today's 2 mile 5 furlong trip in November to a horse called Jetnova,who has won since but was out of its depth in a grade 2. The other market leader's form is hard to judge,won a bumper and 3rd in a maiden hurdle. Hasn't been seen in a year though so hopefully should count against him.
    Profit:541.51

Crafty Cuckoo pulls up,disappointing. The other wins,got quite well backed into odds on.
    A small profit but better than two losers.
    Profit:596.51

Having two bets for some interest in the football tonight.

Aston Villa +1 vs Man United 2/1
    Could well be a dangerous bet here with United being long odds on to win but I can see Villa putting in a nice performance. United haven't been at their best lately(although are still undefeated bar the defeat to WH in the cup),and went 2 down away to Blackpool last week. Went 1 down before beating Southampton in the cup last weekend but are still very good at home.
    Villa are coming here on the back of a 3 win streak,including a good win at home to City and a nice performance in the Cup at the weekend. New signings have been good and I hope they can get a good result here for my bet sake.
    Stake:25 euro
    Profit:571.51

Chelsea to beat Sunderland 3/4
    Aston Villa +2 at United 4/5
    Everton +2 at Arsenal 4/7

Treble.

Stake:21 euro
    Profit:550.51

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Unlucky lad, sorry villa let u down, i went with the +2 single in store too. Soz!

Jesus don't blame yourself flint I thought that looked a cracking bet,raging we both lost.

I've only 9 bean in my VC account because I took money out to move to PP but having some problem,should be sorted today.
    Put that on a double
    Lord Regsith 1.45 Down Royal
    Takifa 8/13 3.30 Leicester

Stake:9 euro
    Profit:541.51

The horse at Leicester wins but the other was very disappointing. Not a huge loss anyway.
    Apologies for the lack of write ups at late but really don't have time during the week. I'll try and throw a few lines down when I can.

I love when odds increase as you press bet :D

John Veale 5.20 Kempton 14/1
    Just having a small stake here in what looks a rather poor race. My horse finally got off the mark in a weak maiden at Wolverhampton having previously tried a number of times in Ireland,getting a rating of about 73. Ran in some decent handicaps and went best when second in a handicap at Tipperary over a furlong less than today's trip.Unexposed for trip and connections and hopefully can go well.
    Stake:5 each way
    Profit:531.51

I feel sick. I was genuinely going to back Lay Claim.

• Advertisement

Gonna get on early while the price is there
    Mr Emirati 15.30 Southwell 3/1 William Hill
    Stake:30 euro
    Profit:501.51

Gonna get on early while the price is there
    Mr Emirati 15.30 Southwell 3/1 William Hill
    Profit:501.51

Totally unexposed 4 year old who's just had 5 starts. Showed promise first time out in September 09 when running third in a mile maiden at Ayr. Came back a year later with a moderate run at Wolverhampton but won next time out over an extended 7. Must have shown potential for connections to keep him (Brian Smart is the owner too). Best form was last time out over this course and distance. Was beaten a short head off 3 pounds lower. Money's come for him and now 11/4 top price for tomorrow and still looks like an improver,forgiving his poor run the time before last,when clearly wasn't right.

Reasoning in a few minutes,getting some grub.
    Catch Me 4.15 Clonmel 3/1
    Profit:471.51

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You're always eating man!

ft9 wrote: »
    You're always eating man!

Aw it's by far my favourite hobby man. :cool:

Reasoning in a few minutes,getting some grub.
    Catch Me 4.15 Clonmel 3/1
    Profit:471.51

Was a really top class hurdler,rated in the 160's and a multiple graded race winner,including a grade 1 Hatton's Grace hurdle over today's distance of 2 miles 4.That came on soft/heavy ground like today's so the conditions should be of no problem to him.
    Hasn't set the world alight over fences but this should be more suitable for him today. Has been racing over 3 miles and the horse simply doesn't get it for me,but did run a nice race off 141 to come 5th in the PP at Leopardstown at Christmas. Disappointed in the run before that in a small chase at Thurles but again,3 miles isn't for him.Ran poorly in the PP at Cheltenham but that's a stiff track and he never got into the race.
    Arguably the best form he has shown over fences was in his first two starts last year.Winning a nice novice chase first time out before falling at the last when in the lead in a listed novice chase(He let me down for an accum that day :( ),both over today's distance. Hoping a step back to this distance will help and has no problem with the going. A lot of the rivals look exposed and on the regressive list,so hoping he can go well.

One small one on

Al Shemali 6.10 Meydan 9/2 W.H
    One of those horses you see globe trotting. Had a great festival last year,winning a handicap over a furlong more than today's trip before springing a surprise in the Dubai Duty Free race,running out a 40/1 winner under today's jockey Royston Ffrench. Proved it to be no fluke when running a very nice 3rd in the Singapore Airlines race at Kranji. Wasn't near group 1 quality in England but this is still a very competitive group 3. Gitano Hernando is the main British hope and not one to rule out either.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:451.51

Grrrr I'll never be backing Catch Me again,fell but was beaten.
    And Mr Emrati only third. Ah well onwards and upwards.

I could do with a winner. Al Shemali manages a photo for 4th.

• Advertisement

Some tricky racing today but going for

Moonlight Rhapsody 2.20 Lingfield 4/1
    This looks like a very weak maiden. Favourite is from Mark Johnston's yard who is on fire. Favourite showed nothing on debut and came second last time out,but was beaten nearly 4 lenghts by a totally exposed odds on chance who took six goes to break its maiden tag. That race looks very poor and this one looks open to an improver.
    My horse was pulled up on debut over 7 furlongs back in September but comes from a top yard of Barry Hills.Doesn't have many runners this time of year but had two second placed runners last week. Nicely bred,out of Danehill Dancer out of a Saddlers' Wells mare who contested listed race,but no world beater by any means. Step up in trip likely to suit and would be no surprised if he took this incredibly weak race.

Stake:40
    Profit:411.51

Advertisement