Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Coral still go 14/1 so have to go for

China Rock Irish Hennessy 14/1
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:381.51

One more for today

Kingsmere 2.25 Bangor 9/2
    Looks a fairly poor handicap hurdle here but plenty with chances. I'm going for this unexposed sort. Has had two runs over 2 miles 4 running respectably finishing forth both times. However,he's a point winner and the step up to 3 miles is bound to see some improvement. Open to progression and off a low rating of 108 here,could go well.

Profit:361.51

Edit:Other post saved twice

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Some tricky racing today but going for

Moonlight Rhapsody 2.20 Lingfield 4/1
    This looks like a very weak maiden. Favourite is from Mark Johnston's yard who is on fire. Favourite showed nothing on debut and came second last time out,but was beaten nearly 4 lenghts by a totally exposed odds on chance who took six goes to break its maiden tag. That race looks very poor and this one looks open to an improver.
    My horse was pulled up on debut over 7 furlongs back in September but comes from a top yard of Barry Hills.Doesn't have many runners this time of year but had two second placed runners last week. Nicely bred,out of Danehill Dancer out of a Saddlers' Wells mare who contested listed race,but no world beater by any means. Step up in trip likely to suit and would be no surprised if he took this incredibly weak race.

Stake:40
    Profit:411.51
    Wins.
    One more for today

Kingsmere 2.25 Bangor 9/2
    Looks a fairly poor handicap hurdle here but plenty with chances. I'm going for this unexposed sort. Has had two runs over 2 miles 4 running respectably finishing forth both times. However,he's a point winner and the step up to 3 miles is bound to see some improvement. Open to progression and off a low rating of 108 here,could go well.

Profit:361.51

Beaten a short head :mad:

Profit:561.51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

You're on fire mate, keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

Thanks fkiely. Had a few bad days there,but nice to have a winner. Would have been nice if the other lad won too.

Reve De Sivola 2.25 Sandown 12/1
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:511.51

Reve De Sivola 2.25 Sandown 12/1
    Profit:511.51

Hot looking grade 1 novice chase here. Reve going for its forth try over fences. Has won once,over 2 miles 5 at Cheltenham at the start of December. Any novice chase you see there is going to be a hot one and that one was no difference.Beat some nice sorts that day like Rebel Du Marquis and Wishfull Thinking who won a handicap chase at Cheltenham very nicely last week. Disappointed first time over fences when favourite in a race won by Time for Rupert,current favourite for the RSA.Next time,after his win,he was third in a grade 2 novice chase at Cheltenham,but finished 22 odd lenghts behind Medermit,who he meets tomorrow. The trip might be on the short side tomorrow but I think this lad has bags of potential. More an RSA horse than anything,but gets good-soft ground which will at least test the stamina of Medermit,who on my opinion has little progression in him. Mine does.Biggest danger for me is Mr Gardner.Still though,think the 12/1 with WH is generous.

Oh my god. I genuinely can't remember being as excited as this for a price in quite a while.

Wayward Prince 3.15 Wetherby Even money

I didn't realise he was running tomorrow,and in a race like this,I think even money is one of the best prices I have ever seen(Yes I could regret saying that tomorrow).
    My fancy for the RSA,he's a grade one winner over hurdles over 3 miles,when he won a novice back last April at Aintree. Since then he's 2/2 over fences,once around Huntingdon and around Cheltenham. Looked like he had a proper race on his hands that day when Chicago Grey came to challenge but he fell,leaving my lad to win nicely. Not that he was under intense pressure or anything. Gives weight around tomorrow but I can't even rate this field at all in comparison. Hollo Ladies was an alright hurdler,but did win a grade 1 in Ireland last year. I wouldn't get too worked up over that. Was a total shock and has shown nothing like that form this year. Won a novice chase last time out on the third attempt (a beginners' that looks weak as chips) and showed nothing like the amount needed to take on Wayward Prince tomorrow.
    Big bet for me. Evens looks far too big to ignore(his trainer won this with Weird Al last year)

Stake:200
    Profit:311.51

I'm bulling. Ladbrokes have Reve at 14/1 1/4 odds,but didn't know cos they aren't on oddschecker :(

• Advertisement

Iron Chancellor 4.15 Ffos Las 2/1 Bet 365

Liking the look of this one. Having his third start over hurdles in this 3 mile maiden here. Ran a nice race on its hurdling debut at Hereford over 2 mile 6 to finish third,and came on for the run well last time out when running the Nicky Henderson favourite State Benefit to within a nose,just holding on. They were 15 lenghts clear of the remainder that day and the step up in trip is bound to suit,as this lad is a dual point winner.

Stake:50
    Profit:261.51

And the 2/1 disappears at 9:12,hope that's a good sign :pac:

Songburst 4.00 Lingfield 5/1
    Bet365 look better than ever today with their prices. Unraced filly coming from Richard Hannon's yard who are well able to bang out first time out winners in maidens.Nicely bred. Dam showed nothing apart from winning a maiden for Michael Stoute in 04,but she herself was a half sister to top group 1 horse Phoenix Tower. Out of Singspiel (multiple group one winner up to 1 mile 4),but won his maiden over today's trip.Phoenix Tower is more a 12 furlong horse but the dam's maiden win was over 6. Probably bred to get further in time but a good stating post today 7 furlongs. Doesn't look the hottest of maidens,but the favourite obviously has to be taken seriously narrowly beaten here last week. But may not need to be totally smart to take this so I'll take my chance.

Stake:30 euro
    Profit:231.51

Always back this horse and may aswell today

Moon Over Miami 4.05 Sandown 18/1 S.J.
    Looks a big price for a horse who has a chance at placing I reckon. Ran a nice race last time behind today's favourite to finish second,was beaten 8 lenghts. My horse has had a fair few runs and totally exposed. The other is risen 11 pounds and mine stays the same rating. Has been contesting hotter races than this but this still competitive.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:211.51

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Oh my god. I genuinely can't remember being as excited as this for a price in quite a while.

Wayward Prince 3.15 Wetherby Even money

I didn't realise he was running tomorrow,and in a race like this,I think even money is one of the best prices I have ever seen(Yes I could regret saying that tomorrow).
    My fancy for the RSA,he's a grade one winner over hurdles over 3 miles,when he won a novice back last April at Aintree. Since then he's 2/2 over fences,once around Huntingdon and around Cheltenham. Looked like he had a proper race on his hands that day when Chicago Grey came to challenge but he fell,leaving my lad to win nicely. Not that he was under intense pressure or anything. Gives weight around tomorrow but I can't even rate this field at all in comparison. Hollo Ladies was an alright hurdler,but did win a grade 1 in Ireland last year. I wouldn't get too worked up over that. Was a total shock and has shown nothing like that form this year. Won a novice chase last time out on the third attempt (a beginners' that looks weak as chips) and showed nothing like the amount needed to take on Wayward Prince tomorrow.
    Big bet for me. Evens looks far too big to ignore(his trainer won this with Weird Al last year)

Stake:200
    Profit:311.51

Good luck with it. Wetherby takes some jumping and Evens looks short against a decent and progressive horse in Hollo Ladies. Wayward looks a lazy horse in the main and needs presenting at his fences. It'll be down to the jockey today

Thanks for the feedback Nulty. I don't think Hollo Ladies looks very progressive,that last run was decent but the form has hardly been franked,with the second horse beaten a distance the next time.Hasn't come up against anything decent in England yet and I think he could be found a bit today. Hopefully Wayward Prince can go well.

Note to self.
    Never back Reve De Sivola over anything less than 3 miles. He was totally outpaced from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Good luck on Wayward Prince l have followed you in on it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Wayword prince - good win

Fair play :)

Thanks boys.
    Didn't do it as nicely as I thought he could have. Heart was in my mouth several moments during the race. He'd need to scratch up on his jumping to trouble Time for Rupert next month,I thought he'd fall at some stages.

• Advertisement

Profit:611.51
    Profit guaranteed for the day anyway,anything else is a bonus.

Songburst never made much progress in the maiden.

Moon Over Miami flew toward the end and beaten in a photo for a place :(

Iron Chancellor lead over the last and got nailed on the line,absolutely raging. Definitely will be backing next time out.

Nafaath 3.00 Musselburgh 6/5 Bet365
    Seems a poor enough novice chase here. My horse is having only his fifth start over jumps. Was just below listed level on the flat in Ireland for Kevin Prendergast and came on very well from his first run over hurdles when taking a maiden hurdle at Ayr over todays trip last year beating a subsequent hurdles and chase winner by 18 lenghts. Was out of his depth when eight in a grade 1 hurdle at Aintree,but the step back to two miles against horses of that calibre never suited. Made a very nice come back run at the start of January in a 2 mile novice chase at Ayr,just beaten a nose,but 18 lengths clear of the remainder. Step up in trip likely to suit now race fit and should be hard to beat.
    Stake:50 euro
    Profit:561.51

European Dream 3.35 Musselburgh 16/1
    Wide open,decent handicap hurdle here. Winner of this race in 2009 off a mark two pounds higher,he came back to contest it last year but only managed seventh,off a rating of 135. Handicapper really seems to be giving him a chance today and is only carrying 123. Joined a nice yard in Richard Fahy's and should be fit from a spin around Lingfield on the flat last time,he was never put into the race in fairness but will blow any cobwebs away. Conditions likely to suit and hopefully can outrun his price.
    Profit:531.51

Ah gonna be a stupid rule 4 in the chase :(
    I stuck another tenner each way on Europe Dream at 14/1 in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well done on Wayward. It was fairly cut up out there and he did well to carry the penalty. He still looks lazy but clearly has ability.

Thanks Nulty. Hopefully can improve for the RSA.
    Nafaath gets beaten. Should have won but made a hash of 2 of the 3 last jumps. Jumping's the name of the game.

European Dream 3.35 Musselburgh 16/1
    Wide open,decent handicap hurdle here. Winner of this race in 2009 off a mark two pounds higher,he came back to contest it last year but only managed seventh,off a rating of 135. Handicapper really seems to be giving him a chance today and is only carrying 123. Joined a nice yard in Richard Fahy's and should be fit from a spin around Lingfield on the flat last time,he was never put into the race in fairness but will blow any cobwebs away. Conditions likely to suit and hopefully can outrun his price.
    Profit:531.51
    Ah gonna be a stupid rule 4 in the chase :(
    I stuck another tenner each way on Europe Dream at 14/1 in town.

Runs a nice race to finish a well backed second.
    Profit:651.51

Haha,bit of a funny bet I find this one.
    The Tatling 2.25 Wolverhampton 14/1 Bet365
    How many times are you going to see a horse who has won the following races in a class 6 handicap at Wolverhampton?
    -King's Stand (GR.2 now a GR.1)
    -Conditions race
    -Listed race
    -3 GR.3 races

My horse for tomorrow has. Obviously coming to the end of a great career,now aged 14. This horse was rated as high as 115 in 2005. Obviously nowhere near as good as his prime days,he's still been a great money spinner for his trainer and owner,Milton Bradley. His horses are running in and out of form,has had 2 winners in the past 10 days or so.
    My selection tomorrow is down to a mark of 63,and has been running creditably of late,finishing in the money four times in a row,including off a pound higher than this,before running poorly last time out. Willing to forgive last time outs run and could go close tomorrow in what looks a competitve race.

Profit:601.51

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

I also think the tatling will go well and I had him in my final 3 but opted for the Decider and I see xpyro has gone with cape royal, should be fun.

Advertisement